E3 2011

Jourdy288

http://www.d-gu.com/xbox-360-e3-summary/

So much... I wrote a summary of the X360 events. Some awesome stuff?

Youtube coming to XBL

Dance Central 2

Remember how they promised you could scan your own stuff via Kinect about two years ago? Well finally, it's happening.

So anything you guys are looking forward to?

After that press conferance, I'm more interested in Nintendo & Sony than ever before.

If your into Kinect, it was just about the best show since sliced bread, but if your into regular non motion gaming, that was terrible. I can't believe that the 360 is now all about Kinect, what a shame.

I'm all for expanding VG as a whole, and introducing new ways to interact and play, but does no one learn from past mistakes. Nintendo is now trying to win back 3 parties, and the regular gaming crowd, as the Wii and it's motion controls have proving to be a fad, that most gamers could care less about.

Lucky for me, I have about a 2 year back log of great 360 games to play, so if they do nothing else for the next few years, I've still got some great games to play.

Chris

Microsoft give up on their cash cow? Right, and Mario just saved the Princess so there's no need for another game. :p

I'm making an understatement when I say that the vid shown here is awesome.

-------------------------------------------------

Halo 4 - Developed by 343 Studio, not Bungie?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aGcgZfzWF5Q?feature=oembed

Anyway, it looks good! :)

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

http://kotaku.com/5809118/get-a-look-at-the-halo-remakes-shiny-new-graphics/gallery/1

What once was old, now is shiny and new again~ :D

Looks like TES V: Skyrim is still on track to being an epic game...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/714851.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Never did get through the first three. Don't own an XBox, but played the first hour of the first game about 2 or 3 times on friends consoles. By the time the Windows version was out I was deep into school debt and couldn't afford things like video games or the computers to run them on. Is it a series really worth picking up now, do you think, or should I just watch some playthroughs to get the gist of it?

Never did get through the first three. Don't own an XBox, but played the first hour of the first game about 2 or 3 times on friends consoles. By the time the Windows version was out I was deep into school debt and couldn't afford things like video games or the computers to run them on. Is it a series really worth picking up now, do you think, or should I just watch some playthroughs to get the gist of it?
Let me put it this way: In high school, I remember having to do a review of the film High Noon. It brought together a bunch of the typical elements found in westerns and by doing so became a film that the general public thought was great, but people who enjoyed the genre of westerns as a whole often found it to be quite mediocre, because it presented nothing really new.

As far as I am concerned, you can substitute 'High Noon' for 'Halo' and 'westerns' for 'FPSs' (at least for the first two games, I could never be bothered playing the third).

What's everyone's thoughts on the 360's new look dash/UI?

gLQCG.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5809212/does-the-new-xbox-360-dashboard-look-familiar-to-you

That. Looks. GOOD :D

I think it's meant for the Kinect, though it does seem rather like the Windows Phone 7 GUI, doesn't it?

Really? That's what the GUI looks like? Interesting....

Let me put it this way: In high school, I remember having to do a review of the film High Noon. It brought together a bunch of the typical elements found in westerns and by doing so became a film that the general public thought was great, but people who enjoyed the genre of westerns as a whole often found it to be quite mediocre, because it presented nothing really new.

As far as I am concerned, you can substitute 'High Noon' for 'Halo' and 'westerns' for 'FPSs' (at least for the first two games, I could never be bothered playing the third).

I couldn't have said this better myself. That said, I did enjoy the first two games, though I haven't played anything beyond that.

Watching right now... Iwata just teased us with news of Café, then didn't deliver.

Also, they did a nice juob with their presentation, greater than MS/Sony.

Back