Phone: 213-741-1151
Fax: 213-765-4266

DATE HOURS
Sunday, June 5, 2011 1:00PM - 6:00PM
Monday, June 6, 2011 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:00AM - 5:00PM

Registration is located in the South Hall Lobby of the Los Angeles Convention Cente

http://www.e3expo.com/

M$'s conference is in 15 minutes.

Sony's is at 1AM GMT tonight, and Ninty's is tomorrow.

On other news, first SONY thread that doesn't need a 56k warning? (This is not an invitation to post a tonne of pictures!)

WHo can be there and visit Mojang and Notch, asking for Minecraft onto the Pandora? :)

http://mojang.com/2011/06/03/the-steve-heads-are-coming-to-e3/

Well, Microsoft have just had possibly the most uninspiring and just plain horrible conferences anyone has ever had, and not just in the realm video game conferences.

PS Vulva will be announced shortly.

Playstation Ryvita!

I'll be getting one; will Unchy be a launch title?

Though to be fair just about any game will make it a better launch than the 3DS', much as Rayman 3d is alright.

CUPC4KES said:
really impressed with what nintendo had to show, wii u and the future 3ds releases looked amazing

But why they don't use 3Ds to do that?
Or a simple DS with Wii
And ngp the same with ps3?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen any of the conferences yet, but seen a little about the Wii U. My first thought was: Another console, already? But then I looked it up and the Wii will be 5 years old at the end of this year.

I can see what Nintendo are trying to do here but they doesn't seem to have learned much from doing the Wii. They have gone from one type of controller to a much more complex one. Well, it seems like they will still be using the Wiimote. The Wiimote was made to be simple and easy to use, this new controller has pretty much all the buttons you can find on PS or Xbox and a bunch of other things. They are kind of alienating all the Wii users out there while trying to please both hard core gamers and touch screen gamers. The new controller looks like a new console on its own, kind of like a tablet with a built in controller. Well, time will tell if they did something good or something bad.

I am a bit confused is the Wii U a standalone hand heldconsole (two hands) or do you need a Wii with it to make it work?

R.B said:
I am a bit confused is the Wii U a standalone hand heldconsole (two hands) or do you need a Wii with it to make it work?[/font][/size]

no it is a new console with improved hardware over the wii.

what i've seen in the videos looks, as if you can at least reuse the peripherals of the wii for the wii u. balanceboard, wiimote and such.
if that's is true, it's the first time in console history?

crow_riot said:
R.B said:
I am a bit confused is the Wii U a standalone hand heldconsole (two hands) or do you need a Wii with it to make it work?[/font][/size]

no it is a new console with improved hardware over the wii.

what i've seen in the videos looks, as if you can at least reuse the peripherals of the wii for the wii u. balanceboard, wiimote and such.

What I can make out the Wii U is made up of two units the handheld controller and a main box so you need both to play games

Resistive screens, Nintendo? Really?

That alone makes the tablet controller a bit of a mess.

The more I hear about this console, the less I like it. It's not going to upres Wii games either, which I was hoping it would.

crow_riot said:
IIRC, you can plug a Master System controller into a Genesis, and an Atari 2600 controller into an Atari 7800. :D

I thought the speaker and motion controls were odd enough on the original Wii controller. The speaker on the Wii controller has to be the most useless feature it has; I disable it to save battery life and I hate the low sound quality.

I've seen the Nintendo press conference now and I got really interested in the Wii U. The things you can do with the new controller is just amazing if you ask me. I do wonder how many of those you can connect. It would be so nice to for example have hidden player information on the controllers, or like if you are playing FPS games then each player get his own screen. Battery life is a concern though but since the console handles all the calculations and renderings and the controller is big enough for a big battery it might be quite interesting.

I've seen the Sony conference too and I'm just not excited about their new stuff. This is from a guy who owns a PS2 and who have long considered buying a PS3, but bought a 360 because all my friends had one. I've also not owned a Nintendo system since the NEW. So no brand loyalty thing here.

Awakening said:
I've seen the Nintendo press conference now and I got really interested in the Wii U. The things you can do with the new controller is just amazing if you ask me. I do wonder how many of those you can connect. It would be so nice to for example have hidden player information on the controllers, or like if you are playing FPS games then each player get his own screen. Battery life is a concern though but since the console handles all the calculations and renderings and the controller is big enough for a big battery it might be quite interesting.

I've seen the Sony conference too and I'm just not excited about their new stuff. This is from a guy who owns a PS2 and who have long considered buying a PS3, but bought a 360 because all my friends had one. I've also not owned a Nintendo system since the NEW. So no brand loyalty thing here.
Let's hope they don't use AAs again! My god... I go through so many AAs. :eek:

Com64 said:
Let's hope they don't use AAs again! My god... I go through so many AAs. :eek:
I use AAs for my 360 but I also use a battery charger. But I think they need a lithium battery to power the screen.

Awakening said:
I've seen the Nintendo press conference now and I got really interested in the Wii U. The things you can do with the new controller is just amazing if you ask me. I do wonder how many of those you can connect. It would be so nice to for example have hidden player information on the controllers

Yea they should still be able to keep hold of the family market with that, too. Great for board games such as monopoly and scrabble where the main board and dice can remain on the tv and all your bits and bobs can be shown on your screen.

Things Nintendo can do to shoot themselves in the foot:

• Not allow it to play back DVDs and CDs
  • Not allow it to be used for multimedia functions such as playing network or disk based music and videos - The Wii had all the possibilities to become my main entertainment system but, even with the best efforts of the homebrew guys, it just fell slightly short.
  • Not be backwards compatible with Wii games and Wii motes

Back