Dust :o

kknd_cf

La vieille dame et les pigeons
Website
Visit site
What's everyones best methods of getting rid of dust from youre gp32?
It's getting inbetween the two screens and it's bloody scaring me! :unsure:

Well dust is actually very low in fat, so you can have as much dust as you want.

Ignore that, just quoting Little Britain. Anyway, you can prise the screen off by following the guide that's somewhere on GBAX.com, then either wipe it out or blow it out with a can of compressed air. While you're at it, you can replace the screen with a lovely glass one.

whatever you do DON'T DO WHAT I DID

(i'm too embrassed to say) :( :p

Definitely get a glass screen replacement - however this won't cure the recurring dust problem until you actually seal all the way round the screen with something like UHU White Tac (similar to BluTac but far superior). Also , before you replace the top screen , make sure to seal the hole where the FLU light cable comes thru.

That reminds me - there was talk of someone selling glass screens a few months ago. Did anything ever come of it? I'd still be interested, but I've not heard anything recently. Perhaps it's time I put some effort into sorting one for myself!

This sounds dumb but hads anyone tried getting the dust out eith a hover......
also when you out on the sealing agent is there any chance of the gp32 overheating.
"I need air!"

Well dust is actually very low in fat, so you can have as much dust as you want.

Ignore that, just quoting Little Britain. Anyway, you can prise the screen off by following the guide that's somewhere on GBAX.com, then either wipe it out or blow it out with a can of compressed air. While you're at it, you can replace the screen with a lovely glass one.
Anyone? No?
DUST
Anyone? No?
DUST
Anyone? No?
DUST

Last edited by a moderator:
What I do is use those cleaning towels that are included with CD cleaning kits. They work like a charm.

Back