Dungeon Master

col_bluff

Still Fresh
Hi there. Having trouble with the sound on the atari st version of dungeon master. Can any of you wizards help please. Sorry to be a noob?

What kind of problem?

It should sound pretty good; not perfect because I never did have time to rewrite the sound system, but sh9oudl be pretty good.

For DM I never bothered to actualyl replay all the way through on the GP32/2X, but a few peopel did; you can win on the handheld :) For my audio testing though, I used the poertcullis with the mummy behind it, right near the beginning of the game.

jeff

The sound is just a grating sound. I have played the game on several platforms and know what it should sound like. I,m not being picky you guy rock and I really like what you can do.

That is odd; f200?

Can anyone else confirm?

For me .. the portcullus sounds like a prortcullis; the screamer plants sound like screams. Walking into a wall makes that 'uuuuuh' noise.

Which version?

jeff

Hi. using the lastest atari st download with a Tos v1.2 img. Also i,m using the new GP2x (white)

I don't have an f200; perhaps that botches up the audio? I do know it has problems with some playback frequencies (the other GP2X's don't have this issue).

Can anyone else with an f200 confirm or deny?

jeff

I have tried the AU097 version (Automation disks) and it has a bad sound on both F100 and F200 (a cracking sound).
Also touch screen support on the F200 seems to be broken. :p :lol:

BTW. Games i've tried are working fine on the F200 (sound and gameplay). .

Thanks for your time. I will download the files from the abpve link and try them. Good luck with the baby.(know how you feel)

Downloaded from the above link but still there is a sound problem. So it must be a fault with the new firmware.

Hopefully someone with both units can verify, so we don't have to make .wav recordings and compare :)

Interesting. Keep remindind me.. pretty busied up right now, but can find time in a bit hopefully.

jeff

skeezix said:
Hopefully someone with both units can verify, so we don't have to make .wav recordings and compare :)
jeff
F100 and F200 both reproduce the same cracking sound, so no firmware issue I guess.

Haven't experienced problems caused by the F200 on other programs as well. All programs I've tried are working fine on the F200.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 'digital' handler isn't perfect by any exttreme, but what he said above was 'unrecognizable' sound. ie: The portcullus .. I wonder if is just a bit noisey, or does hemean its just a screeeeech or something?

jeff

skeezix said:
My 'digital' handler isn't perfect by any exttreme, but what he said above was 'unrecognizable' sound. ie: The portcullus .. I wonder if is just a bit noisey, or does hemean its just a screeeeech or something?

jeff
Well hard to describe. It is noisy indeed, but the sound is not longer. When the port opens in the beginning you'd expect the sound of a port opening but its just a sort of noise. When you've selected the character and bump your head against the wall its also a short noisy sound. I haven't experienced something like this in any other game.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back