Dumping At&t

Mjlink

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
So I spoke with AT&T the other day to make sure my contract expired which it has. Of the 3 levels of signal quality, Excellent, Good, Exceptional, I live an exceptional service area and need a change. I almost fell out of my seat because exceptional has a few meanings.

What do I get to take the place of my iphone? I'm considering an Android, but it may be a good idea to wait a few months to get one at this point? Or is there some Android phone out there kicking ass and taking names that I don't know of? Not sure I want to go dropping a ton of $ on a phone considering my Pandora should be here soon.

Speak up, give a brother some advice.

Peace & cannapsules,

Link

Mjlink said:
So I spoke with AT&T the other day to make sure my contract expired which it has. Of the 3 levels of signal quality, Excellent, Good, Exceptional, I live an exceptional service area and need a change. I almost fell out of my seat because exceptional has a few meanings.

What do I get to take the place of my iphone? I'm considering an Android, but it may be a good idea to wait a few months to get one at this point? Or is there some Android phone out there kicking ass and taking names that I don't know of? Not sure I want to go dropping a ton of $ on a phone considering my Pandora should be here soon.

Speak up, give a brother some advice.

Peace & cannapsules,

Link

Nexus One (too similar to iPhone)
N900 (or previous generation - N810?)
Samsung Omnia series (looking good these new ones are)

If you really want to get away from iPhone and carrier locks then....

OpenMoko!! OpenMoko Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:
kingoddball said:
Nexus One (too similar to iPhone)
N900 (or previous generation - N810?)
Samsung Omnia series (looking good these new ones are)

If you really want to get away from iPhone and carrier locks then....

OpenMoko!! OpenMoko Wiki

Thanks for the kind reply! Start researching this in the am.

Peace & hash oil capsules(sleepy time),

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
No mention of the Motorola Droid? Basically the same chipset as the Pandora, that's Verizon. Sprint has the Pre Plus, also the OMAP3, but with 512mb of RAM. Palm should be interesting this year, they showcased how to port an iPhone game to WebOS in a couple of days.

screw the droid (keyboard is trash), it's all about the palm pre plus (on verizon, not sprint btw). It kicks the shit out of the iphone (i had one) & i'd take webos over android any day. Webos is linux based as well, with a great community behind it. And I gotta say - It's easily the nicest thing i've ever owned, I love the thing!

- Posted from my palm pre + (while listening to music, with scummvm paused and facebook on another card ;D)

If you're switching to Verizon, then the Pre Plus or Droid are probably your best choices. If you're switching to T-Mobile, then it's either a Nexus One or an N900. If you decide to stick with AT&T, then you might be able to get an unlocked Telus Milestone (GSM Droid), that will work with AT&T's 3G. I don't know what else AT&T has besides the iPhone and a bunch of shitfest WinMo phones.

Edit: The N810 is not a phone, so if you need to actually make calls on this thing, it would be a terrible choice. The N900 is awesome though.

Thanks for all the input.

AT&T is out, need to find someone else. I think I'll look into some of these edit: phones. Anyone out there use a company besides AT&T, Sprint/Nextel, Verizon, T-Mobile? I know there a some alternatives I hate supporting these companies that aren't looking out for my privacy or best interests but instead their bottom line.

Peace & safety meetings,

Link

Back