duke and pandora

DobsonatorX

Still Fresh
well im really excited about the duke nukem launch tonight and my pandora next week.

this is going to be an exciting month. cant wait :D

I don't think you'll get to play DNF for long with Pandora going to be your main event next week. Where abouts are you from anyway, USA? DNF hasn't arrived in Australia yet, you see.

I don't think you'll get to play DNF for long with Pandora going to be your main event next week. Where abouts are you from anyway, USA? DNF hasn't arrived in Australia yet, you see.
ill be able to complete duke before sunday before the pandora comes.

from england the duke launch is tonight. bought the game from steam. its my 66th game ive bought.

The demo kind of put me off. What kind of Duke can't carry more then two guns? BTW DobsonatorX http://www.steamcalculator.com/ its a great way to find out just how much money you've spent in the pursuit of fun. You might have to make a custom steam community link to get it to work though.

Sent from my Pandora.

The demo kind of put me off. What kind of Duke can't carry more then two guns? BTW DobsonatorX http://www.steamcalculator.com/ its a great way to find out just how much money you've spent in the pursuit of fun. You might have to make a custom steam community link to get it to work though.

Sent from my Pandora.
i calculated it and it says $1024.47 USD

or £758.46 GBP which is my currency

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo kind of put me off. What kind of Duke can't carry more then two guns?

a 'realistic' one

it's gonna suck so badly, i'll still give it a playthrough, but i'm betting on it being even shorter and dissapointing than portal 2
its not a short game, its 3 times longer than mw2 campaign
first playthrough took 4.5 hours, lots of puzzles copied straight from portal 1, in my book that puts it in the too short pile

Duke Nukem forever is going to be a huge disappointment. The demo was extremely poor in my opinion.

I'm hoping that the game itself will be way more refined than what the demo showed, but I fear for the worst.

I absolutely hate regenerating health and the two weapon limitation. The Duke humor is still present, but I think I have outgrown it in the last decade. Hopefully nostalgia can still save the game a bit. It might be a reasonably good Duke Nukem, but it's going to be an extremely run-off-the-mill shooter.

Where abouts are you from anyway, USA? DNF hasn't arrived in Australia yet, you see.
Not that I would trust Wikipedia as far as I could kick it (nor would I trust any published release schedule for DNF for that matter) but apparently Australia get DNF today (the 9th June) Europe and Japan get it tomorrow, but the US have to wait until the 14th!

Duke Nukem forever is going to be a huge disappointment. The demo was extremely poor in my opinion.

I'm hoping that the game itself will be way more refined than what the demo showed, but I fear for the worst.

I absolutely hate regenerating health and the two weapon limitation. The Duke humor is still present, but I think I have outgrown it in the last decade. Hopefully nostalgia can still save the game a bit. It might be a reasonably good Duke Nukem, but it's going to be an extremely run-off-the-mill shooter.
u cant rate a game as poor just from a demo and maybe the two weapon thing is only in the demo

u cant rate a game as poor just from a demo and maybe the two weapon thing is only in the demo
I know, those are just my expectations. I will still give the game a chance, but I'm expecting a disappointment.

I doubt the two weapon thing will be demo only. It seems like a pretty fundamental (and cowardly) design decision to me.

I'm looking forward to this, personally. I don't care if it's great or not, I'm just happy that it eventually got released in one form or another.

Back