Drmdx Ver 5b7a Fw 2.1 - I Can't Find Roms?!

muddshark666

Still Fresh
I have installed the latest ver of DrMDx ver 5b7a in its own folder and it installs and runs fine.

I created a roms/md folder in the root filled it with working roms but can't get DrMDx to find them.

I then moved the roms folder into the same folder as DrMDx.gpe and it still can't find them.

The readme says click around on the '...' to browse to roms folder but that doesn't seem to work.

Frustrated and lost.

Thoughts?

I hate to sound like a defeatist, but ...

Get PicoDrive. It's better. The only reason I clung onto DrMD for so long, is my Kid Chameleon quest. This latest version of DrMD, although working on the new FW, does not recognize my KC save states :(

... so I had to restart my quest using PicoDrive. Shit ... that reminds me .. I must update my sig :lol:

I have installed the latest ver of DrMDx ver 5b7a in its own folder and it installs and runs fine.

I created a roms/md folder in the root filled it with working roms but can't get DrMDx to find them.

I then moved the roms folder into the same folder as DrMDx.gpe and it still can't find them.

The readme says click around on the '...' to browse to roms folder but that doesn't seem to work.

Doesn't seem to work? What happens? I think maybe you aren't clicking through to the actual location. The directory handling in Drmdx is a little confusing until you get the hang of it. Try again, especially the ".." option. This brings you back to the parent directory. Try to visualize the directory structure as you move through them.

saehn

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick replies.

When I choose 'select rom' in the menu I have a choice of megadrive, master system, game gear.

When I choose megadrive (the only roms i have - stored in root roms/md) the only thing shown is
'..' and 'back to the main menu'

When I click '..' it flashes 'Getting directory info' very very quickly (almost imperceptable) and then reverts to the prior two choices.

When I navigate to the game gear or master system sub menus I am able to navigate to my roms/md folder but can't launch the roms.

Argghh!?

What's wrong?

never mind i fixed it.

I went to MD options and selected 'save current rom directory' and it somehow worked.

Thanks again

I agree the amazing PicoDrive is probably the better overall choice (for compatibility if nothing else), but DrMDX is still a superb piece of work, and I keep both on my SD card.

I hate to sound like a defeatist, but ...

Get PicoDrive. It's better. The only reason I clung onto DrMD for so long, is my Kid Chameleon quest. This latest version of DrMD, although working on the new FW, does not recognize my KC save states :(

... so I had to restart my quest using PicoDrive. Shit ... that reminds me .. I must update my sig :lol:

Sensible Soccer is not working on PicoDrive, ie DrMD is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sensi International edition works fine. The stick's not up to it though, but that's another story I guess.

- Alex

Back