Drmdx 5.7 Directory Browsing Issue

silversmurfer

Still Fresh
Ok I am experiencing weirdness on the excellent DrMDx 5.7 prog. a couple of points ....

1. Despite what the readme says - I found I have to create the md / sms and gg directories before attempting to run the program otherwise it just freezes with a can't mount error

2. Ok so I installed the emulator in /emulators and created the md, gg, sms directories. Once the emulator is up and working all is fine for a while - however if I have my roms in a seperate folder (/roms/md) and select the option to remember rom location the next time I try to load a rom it is unable to find any and will not allow me to browse to another location

Is there any settings or preferences files that I can remove or reset? where is it saving the location information?

Any ideas?

thanks

silversmurfer posted on Aug 24 2006 at 12:12 PM said:
Ok I am experiencing weirdness on the excellent DrMDx 5.7 prog. a couple of points ....

1. Despite what the readme says - I found I have to create the md / sms and gg directories before attempting to run the program otherwise it just freezes with a can't mount error

2. Ok so I installed the emulator in /emulators and created the md, gg, sms directories. Once the emulator is up and working all is fine for a while - however if I have my roms in a seperate folder (/roms/md) and select the option to remember rom location the next time I try to load a rom it is unable to find any and will not allow me to browse to another location

Is there any settings or preferences files that I can remove or reset? where is it saving the location information?

Any ideas?

thanks

When you select the option to save the current rom directory, a file called romdir.opt will be created.

If you selected the save current rom directory in the MD options screen then the romdir.opt will be created in the "md" sub directory when DrMD.gpe is installed.

If you selected the save current rom directory in the SMS options screen then the romdir.opt will be created in the "sms" sub directory when DrMD.gpe is installed.

If you selected the save current rom directory in the GG options screen then the romdir.opt will be created in the "gg" sub directory when DrMD.gpe is installed.

If you check these directories and romdir.opt does not exist then DrMD is having problems getting to the sub directories. If the files exist, open them up in a text editior and have a look at the path thats been saved and check that it matches up to the one you selected.

I'm not sure why DrMD is failing to create the sub directories on your SD card, it works fine on my system every time. People have resolve issues like this before by formating their SD card but obviously formatting your SD card reduces its life span.

Reesy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I found the romdir.opt file but it was 0 byte in length - I deleted it and now I can browse the rom dirs again and all is happy - although I suspect if I resave the location I may end up with another 0 byte file - can you post an example of the format of the file and I'll see if a manual creation sorts the issue out

thanks - great app btw!

Back