Drmdx Black Screen

NoBrain2k

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi,
I have got my GP2X today, firmware is 1.0.1. I have stuck Drmdx on the SD card (ordered with the 2X from craig) but when i run it i just get a black screen straight away...

Any ideas?

cheers:)

did you sticks the roms in the folder exactly as the readme says? if you didn't that is your problem.

Does other stuff seem to work OK? As far as I know, DrMDx doesn't need anything else to be on the GP2x, so it might be worth downloading it and putting it on the card again. Also, I think I remember someone with this sort of problem finding that it was down to their SD card.

Also, I think I remember someone with this sort of problem finding that it was down to their SD card.

If think the SD card might be it actually, I just copied tile matcher to it to check if that would work and i put it into the "X and it didnt show up.. now its making windows all unstable, i'll try and format it and see if that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar problem, i have the ROMs in the right folder, so when i run Drmdx it starts, and it finds the roms no problems, i go to start ROM, select the one i want, and i just get black screen

I have a similar problem, i have the ROMs in the right folder, so when i run Drmdx it starts, and it finds the roms no problems, i go to start ROM, select the one i want, and i just get black screen

I had this problem and I just re-zipped my roms and it worked fine. The original zip format was not being recognised.

I had this problem and I just re-zipped my roms and it worked fine. The original zip format was not being recognised.

re-zip? do the roms need to stay in a ZIP?

I know that when in zip, they can only have a single ROM per zip, but i didnt realise they where suppose to be left zipped. I took a few ROMs and unzipped the .bins so theyre all in the megadrive folder

Well, i zipped them up individually and it works fine. Apparently Drmdx tries to unzip the rom u select, so if it isnt zipped, you're screwed. Well, live n learn :lol:

I also am having problems, what a surprise!

Ok, i have drmd installed in a folder called 'emulators' and it starts up fine and i can get to screen to choose roms.

The problem is that when i select a rom, it displays a tiny bit of white text like its beginning to load the rom then the screen goes black.
i have tried with freshly charged ansmanns and have re-formatted and put drmd back on but still no luck.
my roms are in the correct location, i have checked and double checked.
all of my roms are unzipped but i just tried sonic zipped up and it still didnt work.

do i need to re-download drmd, i used the one i got on the cd from gbax. i have also installed the sdl libaries.
movies and music work fine.

im using mac osx if that could be a problem...

i tried narcissu but didnt work straight away.will try and look into that later.

HELP

edit- all sorted now!
i had all the roms in their own folders called the name of the rom
eg. roms/megadrive/sonic/sonic.zip
i now have all the zips in the megadrive folder and it works perfect!

off to now try and get the gameboy one to work!

Back