Drmd Version 4.0

clivem posted on Oct 22 2005 at 02:39 PM said:
Just had a quick check and Sonic 3 (E) seems to work ok.

I'm sorry, I meant Sonick3&K. Yes, Sonic 3 works properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reesy posted on Oct 22 2005 at 01:28 PM said:
Belgarath posted on Oct 22 2005 at 01:13 PM said:
Just spotted another problem, the rom scanning seems to be limited to only 128 files now.

Ahh your right, I was having problems with getting the rom list to save so I re-downloaded Mr.Mirkos SDK and rebuilt the smfs lib. The problem is I forgot that I updated it last time to support 512 files instead of 128.

I haven't tried it but if you scan with an older version save the romlist and then load the new version you can still load more than 128 rom as long as you don't scan in the new version right? If so, that may be a way around it for now.

Noooooo, not Earthworm Jim!!!! Does anyone know if Dune works? And does it really load things faster now that the menu is overclocked in places? If it does load faster, I think you should apply the menu changes to the previous version, because I don't think I'll switch from v3 to v4 due to some remaining compatibility issues. However, wonderful and persistent work Reesy :).

-K0K0NUT_h3lmut

Yep there's a version 3, it was the first version based on Notaz update to cyclone.

Anyway thanks for the feedback folks, it appears that I've screwed something up somewhere along the line whilst fixing DMA code and adding SRAM code. I've just double checked that its not any changes to cyclone I've made but I still had the same problems with Notaz's original core so thats okay.

Luckily I still have an old version of the DrMD assembler file that handles all of the genesis emulation, I used this version and Earthworm Jim works again. So its just a simple case of doing a diff between the old version and current code to see what I've screwed up. Hopefully I'll get some work done tomorrow and then I'll release a 4.1 version.

Once again thanks for the feedback.

@Davec: Yep if you use an old version it will scan more than 128 files and version 4.0 will then be able to use the new romlist file.

Looks like Phantasy Star IV is broken (black screen w/static whenever entering a fight).

Hoorays for the old-school EA Sports games up and working though. :)

Ah, nice update! It also seems slightly faster, I played Sonic 2 up to Hill Top Zone and it only really lagged in Aquatic Ruins.

Sadly, there's still that bug in Castlevania Bloodlines in the 5th stage. :-(
Would it help you if I sent you my savestate (I'm right in that room where the bug occurs)?

I just HAVE to get to level 6, it has my favorite music!.. Although I suppose I could just use the sound test option to hear it. ;-)

Reesy posted on Oct 22 2005 at 07:36 PM said:
Yep there's a version 3, it was the first version based on Notaz update to cyclone.

Anyway thanks for the feedback folks, it appears that I've screwed something up somewhere along the line whilst fixing DMA code and adding SRAM code. I've just double checked that its not any changes to cyclone I've made but I still had the same problems with Notaz's original core so thats okay.

Luckily I still have an old version of the DrMD assembler file that handles all of the genesis emulation, I used this version and Earthworm Jim works again. So its just a simple case of doing a diff between the old version and current code to see what I've screwed up. Hopefully I'll get some work done tomorrow and then I'll release a 4.1 version.

Once again thanks for the feedback.

@DaveC: Yep if you use an old version it will scan more than 128 files and version 4.0 will then be able to use the new romlist file.

Thanks for the update. I am not worried, I know you will suss it out, you always do :)

Thanks for all of the great work on this, and on DrSMS too :)

Brian Lara Cricket '96 now works again and the first time I've ever saw Grand Slam Tennis (Jennifer Capriati) work properly on any megadrive emulator on any system. It had a strange problem where even if you won enough points to win the game your opponent was given it instead.

Back