Drmd Version 4.0

Just been using it some more.

Super Skidmarks works again now, as is was pre v3.0 (ie garbled background graphics on menu, green car shadows, game plays OK)

But now I've noticed something with Virtua Fighter 2. Some of the character sprites appear all garbled. Sarah displayed like this, for instance.

Still no Stormlord, but everything else I've got (not much, admittedly) works just fine. Thanks for the continuing development!

its great to see an emulator that is worked on to provide more compatibility, BRAVO!

Excellent work, thanks Reesy.
speech now works for the first time in Beavis and Butthead.
Dino Dini's Soccer seems to no longer crash
Exo-Squad no longer resets the gp32
Scores in Gynoug are still messed up but the title screen now displays properly
Text now displays in Landstalker! ( i think the text window bg colour is meant to be blue but it's black, but that's no biggie)
Samurai Shodown now responds to the controls!
Turrican now works!

Reesy - thanks for the new version!
Games now fixed:
- Samurai Shodown
- Space Invaders 91
Games that have problems:
- Asterix and the Power of Gods: graphic problems (several horizontal lines on the screen)
- Asterix and the Great Rescue: graphic problems (several horizontal lines on the screen)
- Castelvania - stage 4-8 does not show gear sprites (just a circle) and you always get cought on the circle and lose energy, rendering the game unplayable after this point.
- Earthworm Jim 1 - Shows graphic problems on start screen and resets after that.
- Earthworm Jim 2 - Graphic problems also. Stops responding after control selection screen.
- GRIND Stromer - Score screen scrolls down (should be static)
- Raiden Trad: screen is shifted to the left
- Super Bubble Bobble: game locks up on start screen, with a shrieking sound.
- Truxton: screen is shifted to the left

Belgarath posted on Oct 22 2005 at 01:13 PM said:
Just spotted another problem, the rom scanning seems to be limited to only 128 files now.

Ahh your right, I was having problems with getting the rom list to save so I re-downloaded Mr.Mirkos SDK and rebuilt the smfs lib. The problem is I forgot that I updated it last time to support 512 files instead of 128.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tested some plays and here the results: Mystic Defender functions finally perfectly :), but there are always problems on Panorama Cotton, Elemental Master and Devil Crash.
However the perfection is very close, still a small effort ! :D

My English is so bad that I very seldom write in this language. But I make an exception because work provided here deserves really congratulations!

I thank you for continuing to improve this emulator despite the fact that the GP2X is arriving and that it would be tempting to develop on this console.
As thank you very much for as you make.

Yeo Wren from France

PS : Thanks to automatic translator machine ! ^^’

Reesy you cannot be thanked enough for your outstanding efforts :)

The only thing left are the Asterix Games! :)

Thanks for this new release Reesy!

Although... now Sonic 3 & Knucles doesn't work :(

Anvazfer posted on Oct 22 2005 at 02:31 PM said:
Thanks for this new release Reesy!

Although... now Sonic 3 & Knucles doesn't work :(

Just had a quick check and Sonic 3 (E) seems to work ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maui Mallard doesn't work at all now (not only the usual graphical problems)...
It seems like v3 is still best for compability, but thank you anyway Reesy!

Back