Drmd Source Code Released

R

Reesy

Hi,

With the release of Picodrive I think its about time I finally got around to releasing the source code of DrMD. I've held back the release so far because I know that once I release the source code I'll probably never touch the source again. I do not have the time anymore to spend on my emulation projects so rather than just leaving the scene and letting the source code of DrMD go to waste I thought I'd release it.

The source code is released under the "do what ever you like with it" license, I really don't care. If you want to use any of it in a commercial emulator feel free, obviously DrZ80 (is basically Flubbas code now) and Cyclone are not my code and have their own licensing but you can rip off any of the MD emulation code if you want.

The source for the GP32,GP2X and GIZMONDO versions of DrMD can be found at the following location.

http://reesy.gp32x.de/DrMDv5b7_source.zip

See ya around!
Reesy

wow...

i remember when zophar had a release of a super-early genesis emu on GP32 that was easily 1/4 the speed of DrMD, and my jaw was dropping over that. I bet a lot of folks aren't aware of those days, but.. they weren't that long ago.

i also remember opne or two years before you, reesy, were even developing this emulator, and you wondered on this very board "is someone going to make a megadrive emu for GP32??"

the point is, I remember I used to frequent this forum daily to see what would pop up next for my weird little handheld. These days I pop in once a month or so to see if a new MAME update has shown up or whatever. I guess this, then, is pretty official news of the end of DrMD, which in it's current state (on GP32 anyway) is pretty much perfect for my concerns. And yeah, so -- thanks very very much! I have long enjoyed it, no one'll port this to GBA I am sure (no shock, no shock!) but I will love it in the final iteration on GP32 forever. You and the MAME guys, and the other ones before who gave this scene lots of love.. thank you!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for what you did.
Maybe the best emu for GP2X
Someone may now take your work again and add things, but what?
it is already so close to perfection.

see you :lol:

Thanks Reesy, I already think your emulator is great. For me there were only 2 problems left to sort out to make it "complete" (The water rendering, which I didn't really care about and the Sonic 3 SRAM saving... which I did rather care about.)
So many thanks for a wonderful emulator, maybe someone can continue the great work you did. :)

Thanks Reesy! I've been using DrSMS and DrMD for a few years now on the GBA, GP32 and GP2x and and so one of your projects is always with me wherever I go and they have occupied me during many long journeys.

Awww, you're not offended by the release of PicoDrive tho, are you? I think you have put so much time and hard work into this, everyone was overwhelmed by the pace you released new betas recently, each of them ironing out plenty of bugs (and sometimes add others ;) ) In all honesty, DrmdX is a fantastic piece of software, one of the best emulators ever seen to date on the '2X, and I will continue to use it on my daily trainrides, heh!

Thank you so much, and best of luck with whatever you're up to now in your life! :)

"SunSpire"

The end of a legacy. Thanks for all the good releases Ressy.

I hope we can keep DrMD going. I mean to merge the Picodrive changes into DrMD rather then the other way.

Might be interesting to see what other emulators get merged in as well, now that the souce is open.

Thank you for all your hard work Reesy, and good luck for all your projects in real life!

The biggest thank you for the legend Reesy, for me DrMD is the best emu on GP32 and I am still and will keep using it forever, I wish you all the luck in your work.

Isn't there anything we can do to convince you not to leave us though ? :(

We all respect your decision, and you have been a great part in this community, take care man.

DrMD is the far best emu for the GP32!! It got me back to this lovely machine and is one of the reasons for buying a GP2X. Thanx mate and hope to see you back someday...

Well, everybody said it already - though I also want to say thanks a lot for all your work, and all the best wishes for your future (be it "real life" or computer / hobby works).

Be sure to always have a warm welcome here, and feel free to contact me if you ever need anything - if I can help you anywhere, I will.

Hope to see you around sometimes, even if you're not coding :)

so long, and thanks for all the fish (and emulators!) :D
you gave us one of the best emulators on the GP32 and GP2x, and we all appreciate it very much! I personally wish you the best of luck on all your future endeavors!

thanks again! :D

Back