Drmd Need Help With Mortal Kombat I

Blades

Still Fresh
Howdy,

I have searched on this topic, however the only thing that seems to turn up in the search is people calling each other retards. Either way, maybe someone has run into this.

I am using the latest DRMD genesis emulator for the GP2x. (excellent btw) However, when I run Mortal kombat. at times it will pretend none of the buttons are mapped. I will remap them, I will press all of them and it will act like no buttons are pressed and just go back and forth between the midway screen and high score screen with the music playing etc....

I have re-loaded global settinings. Deleted the settings under the MD directory. Replaced the GPE and the ROM, and still no luck. My other games have no problems at all. I can play MKII and MKIII, sonic etc. and all respond just fine with the buttons.

The real kicker is that just earlier today, I was playing regular Mortal kombat just fine. And for some reason, this time I turned it on and it decided that it wasn't going to respond to any buttons, just within this game. It has done this a few times off and on. I dont understand what makes it not respond and just with-in this game.

Any takers? Very strange...

blades

I have the same problem in 5 beta 5, but I also use 4.3 for some games, as this version runs mortal kombat properly. See if someone cand send you an earlier version, certainly 4.3 or below...

Mortal Combat 1 has been broken by the introduction of 6 button support, I can't remember which version that was introduced in maybe 5.2. If you've had it running then I would be really surprised as I've never got anything out of it in the latest versions of DrMD.

I'm working on the Gizmondo port of DrMD, as well as looking at the save state problem in DrMD. I'll hopefully look into this after.

Ok,

Good, I thought I was doing somthing wrong. I did have it working for a while, maybe it was pulling an old config or somthing as I was using the latest Beta. But the minute I tried to remap the buttons the game would not longer work. Thank you again for confirming this for me.

Blades

Eternal champions for me was the same (shame we cant use the cd version that was wayy better)

Back