Dreamcast

Gruso said:
No retraction of the 'dick move' comment? ;)

FWIW others have had access to the source, but that's irrelevant now. Try not to react to hearsay on forums!

Oh, neener neener. :p

I didn't read the responses to my last comment on this thread, and they make sense. I took the information (from a third-party, too. Not something anyone should really do) as saying that the developer stated he was going to stop working on the project and that he wasn't going to release any source code. I felt kind of pissy about that for some reason.

I'm ashamed that I was one of those people that reacted before researched. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
So how difficult would it be to take the source code of current Dreamcast PC emulators and get it running on the Pandora?

TylerAW said:
So how difficult would it be to take the source code of current Dreamcast PC emulators and get it running on the Pandora?
I would say in the limit of what can do the bests hackers around (notaz, ari64 etc). Way too far from what I can do.

drk|Raziel has said he'll deliver when he's less busy. Patience is the key, difficult though it may seem at times! :)

Is there anything non programmers can do to help and speed up the process? Like Donate money to those users to persuade them?

Keep in mind it was repeatedly said the N64 emulation was WAY off as no one had decided to work on it and if they did it would likely be as long as a year before it would be remotely playable, them BAM! Ari64 jumps in and mentions he had been working on it and in very little time we suddenly had an N64 emulator. DR has been working on this for awhile and I have faith that when life provides him with time, he will do his best to get this going. Even if it only ran 1 or 2 games playably, I would consider it a big success. Plus his work on this goes a long way to ensuring great Dreamcast playing for Pandora2.

I say thanks for sticking around and putting your effort in DR, it is greatly appreciated.

Eagerly awaiting a Dreamcast emulator. I need to justify my hoard of Dreamcast games! Although I've got no way to dump the damned things.

google that, you may find a method if you search in the right places... There are ROMs online for people to torrent, so SOMEONE knows how to dump them. There's got to be a tutorial somewhere...

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
google that, you may find a method if you search in the right places... There are ROMs online for people to torrent, so SOMEONE knows how to dump them. There's got to be a tutorial somewhere...
As a matter of fact here's a webpage where you can download most of sega dreamcast's tools and emulation source code plus a CD burner for those who wants to make a dump/backups for their games instead of downloading its isos/roms, here it is: http://segahub.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=ffe9da728c6a9ceedfc14d4bd5ceeb42&topic=4950.0 ;)

Lol true since the pandora is part linux in a way and the porting of nulldc will be smooth as the sky plus more editions and better compatibillity too :D

The Pandora is MOSTLY Linux... The software it runs on IS a Linux-based operating system distribution... but I digress... anything showing progress on emulating Dreamcast gets my attention!

Back