dreamcast emu

For the PC? I guess then that are playing "back-ups" ;) as Dreamcast games are on special GD-ROMs which are incompatible with your PC :(

Anyway, I don't think there are any good ones out there at the moment. I remember seeing screenshots from one a while ago which I believe is still in development, but there is yet to be a public release

thats pretty crappy. ive found a couple on the internet but after more research i found out that they suck and my "back-ups" aren't ready to be played yet

i would prefer to play the games on my pc anyway

eh?!?!?

There's NO EXCUSE for wanting to play dreamcast on a PC-

1) A dreamcast costs 20 quid..... including proper joypads..
2) It is capable of VGA output through the VGA box, so you can play it on a monitor (if you're that concerned about image quality)
3) It plays backups WITHOUT ANY MODDING
3) Did I say it cost 20 quid?!?!?

You would have to spend a lot more in upgrading your PC to get it to run a DC emu at decent speed (if there ever is one...)

Go to GAME and exchange some games for one, seriously you won't regret it. THe DC is one of the best consoles ever released..... and has some excellent emu's for it.... ;-)

i got a dreamcast and i love it so much is like an arcade machine its an amazing console but was a tragic end for it commercial but homebrew is still going and emu too what happend with the dc to gp32 cable btw

Dreamcast is a arcade mans dream its better than mame for games like house of the dead etc.

Cost you about $300 to make your own house of the dead shooting cabinet altho u can pop other games in and play ;)

to bad it cost $100 for a DC in australia thats the chepest i've seen they all come with games as ppl sell them :(

:ph34r:

Man just forget the dreamcast and move on to PS2 emulation :)
PCSX2 already runs some commercial games (2, and with plenty of glitches) but it has already been released. If you go to the Icarus dreamcast emu forums you'll find nothing much is happening anymore and people are debating again whether the emu is a fake or not.

where the hell do you get a dreamcast for 20 quid? and i would MUCH rather play dreamcast games on my pc just as i would much rather prefer to play psx games on my pc (and i do).

bringoutthegimp posted on Oct 10 2003 at 03:11 PM said:
where the hell do you get a dreamcast for 20 quid? and i would MUCH rather play dreamcast games on my pc just as i would much rather prefer to play psx games on my pc (and i do).
Why would you rather play them on ur pc? Id rather be layin on a sofa with a much bigger screen in front of me. Unless you have one of those gaming pc setups with ur tv. That would be nice. Like the mini itx stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
bringoutthegimp posted on Oct 11 2003 at 05:59 PM said:
it would save me the trouble of having to move away from my pc every time i wanted to play a game.
Blimey, u must be at ur pc a lot :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back