Dreamcast Case Mods

Twimfy

OMG 3 years here!
Website
www.stctg.co.uk
After a whole year of not owning a Dreamcast (swapped my huge collection for a DS sometime ago) I was beginning to miss it dearly, and so I bought a new one on ebay for £15.

It hasn't arrived yet but I'd like to do something special for it when it arrives and was thinking of a case modification preferably yellow, black or blue. However I can't seem to find one anywhere, lik sang are fresh out and ebay has nothing.

Does anyone know where I can find one? If you aren't sure what I mean then this will explain:

dc-case.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Twimfy posted on May 17 2006 at 03:32 PM said:
After a whole year of not owning a Dreamcast (swapped my huge collection for a DS sometime ago) I was beginning to miss it dearly, and so I bought a new one on ebay for £15.

It hasn't arrived yet but I'd like to do something special for it when it arrives and was thinking of a case modification preferably yellow, black or blue. However I can't seem to find one anywhere, lik sang are fresh out and ebay has nothing.

Does anyone know where I can find one? If you aren't sure what I mean then this will explain:

dc-case.jpg

Thanks in advance!

what ive seen is tht you can't by cases. i looked when i re-bought a dreamcast on ebay.
There are only limited edition dreamcats. i think i found one site but it was american and price was outrageous lol. 40pounds with postage

Last edited by a moderator:
fair enough
i personally would stick with my white one and buy a few games with those 13pounds :p

Twimfy posted on May 17 2006 at 06:19 PM said:
I've managed to find an ebay seller who has a range of tops in any colour, all with official WinCE and sega logos already on (might be official) means I'll have a black and white DC but I might spray the bottom myself.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
:blink: For that price, you can buy a whole Dreamcast with controller!

For that price I DID by a Dreamcast with two controllers, I was expecting to pay a little bit more so I thought the excess cash would go nicely towards something special.

I'm going to spray the bottom and also spray the controller, seeing as skeleton black is the hardest DC controller to find.

I'll post pics when I'm done.

you sprayed it? really nice job. Im sure it was quite satisfying to see it come out so nice as well

*reminiscences about painting gp32s* :wub:

Im just curious as to how you masked off the SEGA logo on the front.....or maybe you just sprayed over it??

My Dreamcast (just acquired a month ago for free, yay) came with a Zelda sticker on it, of all things. I've been thinking I can do better than that, the only question is whether I want to put effort into doing a mod or not.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 26 2006 at 05:16 PM said:
you sprayed it? really nice job. Im sure it was quite satisfying to see it come out so nice as well

*reminiscences about painting gp32s* :wub:

Im just curious as to how you masked off the SEGA logo on the front.....or maybe you just sprayed over it??

Its an official case replacement, only the bottom half was sprayed.

See the ebay link a few posts up, if its gone just do an international search, they're about £13 each and come in all sorts of colours, they seem to be an official product as they come with all of the logos on them, very high quality too.

Back