Release Drawpile 1.0.6

kuru

Laptop und Trachtenjanker
Uploaded Drawpile to the repo.

Drawpile is a Free software collaborative drawing program that allows multiple users to sketch on the same canvas simultaneously.

You can join existing sessions, create your own or paint by yourself.

There is an old PND which is no longer maintained. This is the latest stable version 1.0.6.

1.png

2.png 3.png 4.png

Does adding more than four preview images in the PXML make it so none are displayed on the repo?

Last edited:
I think you just don't have referenced the preview screenshot in the PXML. You can have many preview screenshot with no issue.

So you completed the PND, nice!

I think you just don't have referenced the preview screenshot in the PXML. You can have many preview screenshot with no issue.

So you completed the PND, nice!
I'll check that tonight

thanks again for the help :)

Almost there ;) Now the previews are referenced in the PXML, but the path is not good (define it as a relatve path from the "root" of the PND).

PND Manager shows the images, that's weird. Picky repo expects './previews/1.png' then instead of 'previews/1.png'

Another 40 minutes uploading because of a single dot. Not exactly rapid development heh

Edit: Err, when I click the empty-looking preview frames on the repo page, the picture is displayed o_O

Last edited:
PND Manager shows the images, that's weird. Picky repo expects './previews/1.png' then instead of 'previews/1.png'

Another 40 minutes uploading because of a single dot. Not exactly rapid development heh

Edit: Err, when I click the empty-looking preview frames on the repo page, the picture is displayed o_O
Bah, probably some cache issue in the server side. It will sudenly works when the cache lifetime expire...

Could you set up a room so that we can have a play together? Dunno if you need a password in practice, though if you do you could post it here I assume.

Also, I'll just mention that it seems to preassign the username in these network dialogs with user 'kuru'. That's probably less than ideal.

Could you set up a room so that we can have a play together? Dunno if you need a password in practice, though if you do you could post it here I assume.

Also, I'll just mention that it seems to preassign the username in these network dialogs with user 'kuru'. That's probably less than ideal.
Argh, damn username, thought I fixed that. I'll see about that.

Sorry to say I can't host myself, I'm on phone internets :-/
Edit: Well I could theoretically, but the experience would suck I assume. Can try though.

Edit: Fixed default username, uploading

Edit: I guess this is literally impossible to do over the phone, how would I do port forwarding on Android

Edit: Can't host, not possible without VPN tunnel at least. Need someone with a regular old internet connection.

Last edited:
The old port was not abandoned as such, but no one requested an update. :oops:

It's your duty to update them!! ;)

Jokes aside, only a few people asked me to update anything at all in the last 5 years, it seems they don't want bug fixes and new features.

Does the test server no longer work? bochs.info (thanks to _aegis_)

I did test with 16 people on the official drawpile.net server and it works, a bit slow, but fine, even with internal wifi.

Hi all !

@kuru : thanks for porting Drawpile to the Pandora :)

Looks like an interesting application. I gave it a quick go and it worked fine, albeit a bit slowly while things were still loading from drawpile.net.

@EvilDragon : what about hosting a Drawpile server, which would be dedicated to the Pyra and Pandora communities ? It could be used for collaborative fan art, character design in homebrew games, etc...

Cheers, Magic Sam

What takes quite a toll is that session recording function, or rather its' replay upon client connection. Should be possible to deactivate that though.

Thanks for this again, the idea is fascinating. Just drew a bit with "pencil" in a room that had 3 people online. I´m afraid on CC, overclocked to 750 MHz, even with 512 MB swapfile, joining a big room, with big canvas, it causes getting logged out and/or crash :( it has done so twice in the hour I was online in Drawpile on their net just now. Will give it more spins definitely. i think the CC Pandora might be too light sometimes for big rooms with many people and multiple drawings? Would a 1 GB swapfile help?

If it is a RAM issue, then a swapfile would definitely help. The fact it seems to work well on 1GHz units with 512MB of RAM suggests the CC's 256MB isn't enough, but I don't know if anyone with a ghz unit did as much testing as you did - I couldn't find the password for any room, so I didn't really try online.

Back