Dr Md Overclocking Problems

x68000

Mega GP Mania
hi

i am finding that dr md runs too fast on most games on my 166mhz gp32.

is there a default way to have all games running without changing processing speeds?

Are you sure that it is the emulator and not the ROM?

Don't forget that in the UK and other places that had the PAL format - the games did run quite a bit slower.

I got a bit of a speed shock myself when I played an NTSC version of sonic on an emulator for the first time. ;)

If you are running the USA version of a ROM you could try a PAL version of that ROM (either a europe or australia release i think) - it might solve your problem.

hi

the problem isnt the regular 50/60 Hz issue - some of the games are running closer to 100Hz!! and when i manually adjust them things become jerky and the emulation just isnt quite right.

A few games are fine but 3 out of 4 are well off.

its the autoframeskip, i have the same problem and I run 156mhz. for example, if i run sonic 1 on drmd, its way to fast and choppy, but if i run it at frameskip 2 on FGEN, its perfectly fine, thats with sound. every game i have except for Splatterhouse 3 does the same thing

Gunstar heroes, to fast and choppy
Streets of Rage3, to choppy
Sonic1, to fast and choppy

But all 3 games play fine at the same speed frameskip2 on fgen, of course most of the games won't have sound on FGEN.

If you don't have V1.5 i'd recommend just paying like $5 and getting it, its so much better!

Thanks,

Craig

www.gbax.com

there's a version that can be bought? :blink: i don't remember seeing this, where can it be purchased? At your site Craig?

craigix posted on Feb 17 2005 at 06:42 PM said:
If you don't have V1.5 i'd recommend just paying like $5 and getting it, its so much better!

Thanks,

Craig

www.gbax.com

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

V1.5??? DrMD??? 5$??? So much better??? What the hell are you talking about???

:huh: :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not brought, its a beta version that you currnetly have to donate to get.

yeah.. i want that!! where can i get information about it? i hope it can be donated via paypal ;)

Check reesys posts for the paypal address, maybe a main page post about it would be a good idea?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Zimond posted on Feb 17 2005 at 06:25 PM said:
yeah.. i want that!! where can i get information about it? i hope it can be donated via paypal ;)

Yes you can donate by Paypal. The latest is beta 5 which I think is newer than v1.5. Beta 5 has all the music speed running at the correct speed, it has DAC so the sampled voices work( SAYYYYYGAAAA) , it has the pallette bug fixed so that the water levels in Sonic don't flicker, it supports more than 128 ROMs, gamma setting and more. It is worth more than $5 in my opinion especially since the USD is worthless to the GBP now. I would do a min of $10.00.

Reesy has hit some rough times lately too as he has lost his job due to a company buyout or something like that, he could really use our support now. Any donations would certainly help out :)

Reesy's Paypal account: drsms_reesy "at" yahoo.co.uk
replace "at" with @

The actual beta is beta 5 and it's awesome and the music isn't too fast anymore and there is the DAC support, which is incredible and with no speed decrease.

The new gamma correction is awesome too.

EDIT : Oups didn't see DaveC already wrote that.

I would gladly send reesy some money, once I get me GP32 of course =P

Would it be possible to donate through you craig as some people don't have paypal accounts and don't really want to set one up for one transaction.

yaustar posted on Feb 17 2005 at 07:43 PM said:
Would it be possible to donate through you craig as some people don't have paypal accounts and don't really want to set one up for one transaction.

That would be the same for me.

HXC posted on Feb 17 2005 at 08:11 PM said:
yaustar posted on Feb 17 2005 at 07:43 PM said:

That would be the same for me.

Same here.
It would begreat if one could pay through your site, same way as I did paying for my GP32. I only have my VISA..

You could always send a check or money order I guess. You would have to e-mail Reesy to find out where to send it. Or you could ask Craig directly through an e-mail if he would be interested in relaying the cash through a CC to Reesy. You could then post the amount that you send here on the boards in a thread made for that. This way Reesy could come here and read who donated and how much so he could be sure that the amount that was donated matches up with what he got.

ok so...

i need to donate here - drmd is awsome - and i think reesy is owed some from drsms too (gba?)...

how does this work - i send a donation thru paypal and reesy sends out the beta5 in email??

let me know...

Space :D

spaceboygp32x posted on Feb 22 2005 at 08:52 PM said:
ok so...

i need to donate here - drmd is awsome - and i think reesy is owed some from drsms too (gba?)...

how does this work - i send a donation thru paypal and reesy sends out the beta5 in email??

let me know...

Space :D

Yep!, That`s how it works, Plus you get a warm glowing feeling inside knowing you have supported one of the great dever`s of the community. :)

Trooper

Back