Dpad Problem.

NEIL L

I've got a problem with my Dpad, it's pressing right most of the time!

It feels spongier on the right hand side (as my B button has for the past few weeks), it started playing up a few days ago as I had to press down/left diagonal to move down as straight down wouldn't work!, but now it stuck on right most of the time.
Is this covered by any sort of warranty? (I bought it back in June last year), if not is it easy to fix? (Not by me as the last time I picked up a soldering iron was in about 1988 at school!)
Any help would be greatly appreciated as my Wiz is next to useless now (and I'm getting dizzy trying to play Doom!)

Cheers, Neil

no warranty? It's faulty and under a year old...surely it's covered?

id6490 said:
Internal silicon Dpad broken. No warranty, sorry.

Have you had the same problem with yours? (What exactly is the 'internal silicon Dpad.' Is it the rubbery piece behind the Dpad in number 4 below?)

padmod.jpg

If so, how did you repair it? (Can you buy spare parts?)

Cheers, Neil

Edit: Sorry about the size of the above picture! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic 13. Named as "membrana". It's not standard. The opposite "membrana" did break and I fixed it with special flexible glue. It's now just a little hard to push that others buttons of the Wiz, but It works.
Good luck.

I took my Wiz apart today and the silicone membrane was broke under the right side of the Dpad, I stuck it with superglue so the little round conductor (in the membrane) wasn't making constant contact with the circuit board.
While I had the Wiz open I also superglued a small square of plastic on the circuit board under the centre of the Dpad, this makes diagonals a lot better. (I didn't take the risk with the pin Dpad mod above)
Everything seems fine (for now), hopefully GPH will start selling spares.

Thanks for all your help, Neil :)

Back