Dpad Demo

I didn't even know there was a port of Snake Rattle 'N Roll for Genesis. But if it's anything like the NES version then it's a real diagonal tester. So, looking good.

Thanks Ed! Good video. It's okay if you can't play Street Fighter II, just hurry up and get thses shipped out. I'll make as many videos as the public demands. :lol:

Jumpman

borgqueenx said:
Showing games like those aint really a good example of pandora power, but thats just my opinion.
try tekken, and hit those buttons hard! :p
You and your power hangup, N64 fanboy! :p Not every demo needs to be about raw powa.

D-pad looks grreat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
borgqueenx said:
Showing games like those aint really a good example of pandora power, but thats just my opinion.
try tekken, and hit those buttons hard! :p
You and your power hangup, N64 fanboy! :p Not every demo needs to be about raw powa.

D-pad looks grreat.
Well, uh, Tekken was for the PSX and Namco System 11 (PSX based)

I'm referencing borgqueenx's posting history (including a Youtube comment about MAME not being a demonstration of Pandora's power), not just that post. :) 'tis in good fun.

Another good looking video. Would of been nice to have seen it running a PS1 fighter (rival schools?) though.
I really have to congratulate the team for getting the workings as perfect as they can.

I'm a terrible scrolling fighter game player and I tried playing Street Fighter II for Genesis. I played with Ryu and I can do those hadouken things all day long. Once I learned that you have to pause for just a moment between them and then start the down, diagonal, right thing, I can pop them off regardless of whether I am facing right or left. To me, that sounds like the dpad is easy to use. It is probably child's play to others though. :)

Show us a video!!!!!

EDIT: Sorry, that was rather demanding. you mentioned you played Street Fighter II and it got me all flustered.

We've not seen an MWeston vid for a while, you should really speak in them too!

I have asked ED for a copy of the one he just showed that runs in XFCE. My Picodrive build is from January as I mentioned somewhere recently. I can show that in a video for sure. :)

Sweet!

I'm sure this will silence a lot of people!

Were/are you a gamer yourself Michael?

MWeston said:
I'm a terrible scrolling fighter game player and I tried playing Street Fighter II for Genesis. I played with Ryu and I can do those hadouken things all day long. Once I learned that you have to pause for just a moment between them and then start the down, diagonal, right thing, I can pop them off regardless of whether I am facing right or left. To me, that sounds like the dpad is easy to use. It is probably child's play to others though. :)

I'm 99% reassured on the D-Pad now :p Do you know how to do the Shoryuken aka Dragon Punch? Forward, Down, Down-Right? They are slightly harder to pull off compared to Hadoken. Trying to switch between them in succession would be the ultimate test :p

I know this has been asked before, I cant remember if it was ever confirmed though: Picodrive will be full screen at some point right?

I mostly played RPGS like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger/Cross, the Phantasy Star series. I mostly watched friends play the action games and I'd give it a shot for fun but it wasn't my thing mashing buttons and getting all pissed off when I died every six seconds. :)

I remember renting games for the weekend and getting almost no sleep leveling up. We would take turns trying to build up our characters while the others slept so we could finish the game by Sunday night when it had to go back. Thankfully I spent my summer holidays outdoors and not gaming so I'm not the most hardcore of gamers.

Some suggestions for future videos:

Megadrive:

- Streets of Rage II (a port of Streets of Rage Remake is a must, I'm sure they'll agree if giving them a Pandora)
- Comix Zone
- Subterrania
- Sonic I/II/III/Sonic&Knuckles
- Virtua Racing
- Bonanza Bros.
- Aladdin
- Gunstar Heroes
- Robocop vs Terminator
- Vectorman
- Mega Turrican
- Alien 3
- Contra Hard Corps
- Toy Story
- Red Zone
- Earthworm Jim I & II
- Fantasy Star IV
- Shadowrun

Super Nintendo:
- Asault Suits Valken (the uncensored/uncutted version of Cybernoid plus translation patch makes it a lot better game)

Amiga:

- Turrican
- Another World
- Flashback
- Speedball
- The Great Giana Sisters
- Ambermoon (already a GP2X port?)
- Prince of Persia
- Theme Park
- Deluxe Pacman
- Deluxe Galaga

(choose one of the following you prefer as pinball simulators)
- Pinball Illusions
- Pinball Dreams
- Pinball Fantasies
- Slam Tilt

- Lemmings
- Chaos Engine
- Cannon Fodder
- Gloom
- Syndicate
- Bonanza Bros. (a quite good amiga port I think to remember)
- Hired Guns
- Gods
- The Settlers
- Worms
-Battle Squadron
- Alien Breed
- Alien Breed 3D
- Project X
- Super Skidmarks
- Xenon 2 Megablast
- Sensible Soccer
- Lotus Spirit Turbo Challenge I
- The Sentinel
- North & South
- Lemmings II
- IK+
- Super Stardust
- Shadow of the Beast
- Capital Punishment
- Elite II
- Xtreme Racing
- The Killing Cloud
- Speedball II
- Rainbow Islands (nice port)
- Eye of the Beholder
- Superfrog
- Mechforce

I'll add some more later, I'm tired and not remember easily :)

timofonic said:
I'll add some more later, I'm tired and not remember easily :)

Please do, I'm sure they'll get round to doing all of them. :rolleyes:

I cannot be the only one who loves ED's commentary:

"so let's start". "not really a problem here, it works diagonally, or what you want it to do, it's pretty fast"

"w'oops, that was me", "uh, dunno the level yet to well", "ok let's just go to another game"

"maybe snakes on role [backassward: sorry for this one, not sure what he said]", "Also need to play with diagonals...yes I know... come on start", beep boo beep...

"oops, that was a bit too far", beep boo beep,

"ok, as you can see the dpad working really good, so don't be afraid of any games where you need diagonals", "So that's it for today, just a short video, let's log out... and see you soon"

Edit: I think ED is the shit, he is always entertaining and cool.

Edit2: other than the second game of name I didn't know, this should be an accurate transcribe.

Back