Downloadable Mp3s Are They Killing Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam fisher said:
It's not clear idiocy when you structure your sentences as though you are a 40+ year old with learning difficulties.... Oh Wait! You are, how silly of me!
I'm sorry, your argument is entirely based on the ad hominem clause. You do not address her argument what so ever. Freud would probably suggest you feel threatened by the complex "word slinging" of this topic and thus had to burst out with a simple and direct attack that does not truly address the true problem at hand. Seek psychiatric help, your local NHS surgery will be able to refer you to the appropriate people.

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon said:
sam fisher said:
It's not clear idiocy when you structure your sentences as though you are a 40+ year old with learning difficulties.... Oh Wait! You are, how silly of me!
I'm sorry, your argument is entirely based on the ad hominem clause. You do not address her argument what so ever. Freud would probably suggest you feel threatened by the complex "word slinging" of this topic and thus had to burst out with a simple and direct attack that does not truly address the true problem at hand. Seek psychiatric help, your local NHS surgery will be able to refer you to the appropriate people.

Bravo! The first one to clearly notice, and state, that I used the exact same argumental flaw that I criticised in my post.

Shame on the rest of you for not noticing.

sam fisher said:
Peter,

You really do forget my background on the subject of audio don't you hun. Forgetting the fact that I used to run my own recording studio, and the fact that my boyfriend was an audio technician for Old Dairy Studios in york, I think you could say that Phil and I have pretty much grasped the subject. Oh and the fact you used to keep asking my help in producing audio effects as you clearly lacked even the basc knowledge. Remember the "How do I make my voice sound like a Dalek?" question? You had no idea what a ring modulator was. Maybe Mr Brain you could ask Pinky next time!

Pete you just lost a good friend by your remark. And stupid come backs like that, not only from you is why I don't frequent these forums as much as I used to. The put down style posts, and get one up on each other seems to rule. What a shame, it used to be such a nice place, and you used to be such a nice guy.

Clare.

There should be a "Whine about other members" thread - there is so much I could say :D.

WarmFluffyUK said:
sam fisher said:
Peter,

You really do forget my background on the subject of audio don't you hun. Forgetting the fact that I used to run my own recording studio, and the fact that my boyfriend was an audio technician for Old Dairy Studios in york, I think you could say that Phil and I have pretty much grasped the subject. Oh and the fact you used to keep asking my help in producing audio effects as you clearly lacked even the basc knowledge. Remember the "How do I make my voice sound like a Dalek?" question? You had no idea what a ring modulator was. Maybe Mr Brain you could ask Pinky next time!

Pete you just lost a good friend by your remark. And stupid come backs like that, not only from you is why I don't frequent these forums as much as I used to. The put down style posts, and get one up on each other seems to rule. What a shame, it used to be such a nice place, and you used to be such a nice guy.

Clare.

Oh, I remember everything you said to me. I NEVER said I knew anything about audio technology, notice I was on about the physical properties of waves and creating a compressed digital approximation of an analogue wave form. Why do I know that, because there's an entire topic about it in my physics course.

You once tried to tell me that superposition didn't happen, and yet that has already been demonstrated as a principle that can affect audio quality in this very topic. Hence, you clearly are incompetent and there is a reason you USED to run a recording studio. You obviously weren't very good at what you did.

I feel I must further add that you are taking the internet too seriously. Please correctly interpret the flow diagram for use of the internet to find the correct action to take.

sam fisher said:
Oh, I remember everything you said to me. I NEVER said I knew anything about audio technology, notice I was on about the physical properties of waves and creating a compressed digital approximation of an analogue wave form. Why do I know that, because there's an entire topic about it in my physics course.

You once tried to tell me that superposition didn't happen, and yet that has already been demonstrated as a principle that can affect audio quality in this very topic. Hence, you clearly are incompetent and there is a reason you USED to run a recording studio. You obviously weren't very good at what you did.

I feel I must further add that you are taking the internet too seriously. Please correctly interpret the flow diagram for use of the internet to find the correct action to take.
Fair enough, lets look at your arguments one by one shall we?

Fine, but imagine for a minute you we looking at my original post where I said that CDDAE will take a digital image of what was on the CD, you are not getting any loss there. And when you said about anti aliasing, you were talking pre production before the 44.1k 16 bit stereo sample is written to the CD, actually no, it's just that format. Usually in a studio we work with a 32 bit float, and if we are going to be aiming for cd we work at 44.1, so anti aliasing is not an issue because of this. Only if you work with higher sample rates will the audio be changed. You have no idea of modern studio software, so lay down and admit that one.

Used to yes, because I got bored, I still have the studio software on this very PC and can create a little bit of music if you like (Remember Myriad, that took me about an hour for the lot), And Phil doesn't work at Old Dairy anymore because we fell in love and he moved to wales to be with me. We are still very active in production and you never know we may start our own production company one day, never insult my professional experience again kid. The above was an obvious dig and I was expecting that, you are clutching at straws hun, please don't insult the intelligence of the other board members, if you're gonna do that in future, please post a pic of yourself in a donkey costume.

I feel I must further add that you are taking the Internet too seriously. Please correctly interpret the flow diagram for use of the Internet to find the correct action to take.

Nah I don't think I am, I think you are too, look how much I riled you up!

Addition:
Oh and don't reply to this with a kiddy comeback like:
"So's your face....."
I think we know what I mean by this.

Sam this is the point where you are supposed to swallow your pride and appologise to Claire, not continue the argument. This has gone beyond comments about audio and into the realms of personal attacks and I for one do not welcome that behavior.

You young man are way out of order!

Now maybe we can get thread back on track as it's obviously generating a lot of interest. If even one person leaves the thread thinking about audio quality and decides to try higher bit rates or even a pair of half decent headphones then I'll be a happy bunny.

44554455normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

WarmFluffyUK said:
I feel I must further add that you are taking the Internet too seriously. Please correctly interpret the flow diagram for use of the Internet to find the correct action to take.

Contradiction, much?

BaDToaD said:
Sam this is the point where you are supposed to swallow your pride and appologise to Claire, not continue the argument.
Fluffy is the one wrong here. She is twisting my words into something she knows how to address. She is putting words in my mouth and attacking those when they are nothing to do with the topics I mentioned:

StrawmanPoster.jpg

I mentioned gain of artefacts by compressing a already compressed wave again, not anti-aliasing of a waveform.

Oh, Clare "hun", So's your face.

sam fisher said:
WarmFluffyUK said:

Contradiction, much?

BaDToaD said:
Sam this is the point where you are supposed to swallow your pride and appologise to Claire, not continue the argument.
Fluffy is the one wrong here. She is twisting my words into something she knows how to address. She is putting words in my mouth and attacking those when they are nothing to do with the topics I mentioned.

I mentioned gain of artefacts by compressing a already compressed wave again, not anti-aliasing of a waveform.

Oh, Clare "hun", So's your face.

Pete you never know when to quit, you just made yoursef to look like an idiot. I backed up myself with facts and you just used techno bull that means nothing..
You're talking to a professional audio tech here. and I never twisted your words, I quoted you directly, look at my post. you just are never wrong are you. And you will go on and on and on until someone gives in.

jeez.
Can I see the Donkey costume now please?

Edit:
I always backed Sam up because I thought he was ok, but he's being an idiot with something I know a lot about. Never again...

I never once said the words "Anti Aliasing" so you definitely did not quote me directly. Why is your word fact and mine "techno bull"? I'd like to see some referencing in your next post.

BTW, It's not "techno bull" and you also look like an idiot to anyone who understands the particle-wave physics I mentioned and the basic understanding of analogue->digital encoding. I suggest you read a decent physics text book that covers the area. This one will do.

Edit: you may know how to use Audio Editing Software but you don't understand the physics behind it. I also never once said you didn't know how to be an audio tech, I just stated that you misinterpreted what magus said, he even posted what he meant a little while back and it was what I assumed he meant, not what you had assumed. Hence you were the one that was wrong but didn't admit it and it seems this has escalated some what. I'm also finding it hilarious. I'm feeling like shit at the moment and a good laugh is just what i needed.

sam fisher said:
I never once said the words "Anti Aliasing" so you definitely did not quote me directly. Why is your word fact and mine "techno bull"? I'd like to see some referencing in your next post.

BTW, It's not "techno bull" and you also look like an idiot to anyone who understands the particle-wave physics I mentioned and the basic understanding of analogue->digital encoding. I suggest you read a decent physics text book that covers the area. This one will do.

And that is your argument is it, you did it in school?

You have the practical experience of a Welc. Pete, give it up hun, if I stuck you in front of a mixing desk, no matter how many exams in whatever you have, you would be useless. 99% of music is in the blood, not in the exams. Plonk me in front of a keyboard and I will play you a symphony. Then introduce me to sonar and I will produce you a whole orchestra. And after that I will know how to get the best product on CD or whatever format it was aimed at.

I know my stuff. Please don't be an ass again...

p.s. idiots like you are the very reason I am giving my Mod status away. I am quite fed up.
I hope Squidge gets it........

HA HA. God, you are still at it. What a sad, sad, old women you are. I have made it plainly clear that I am on about the physics in sampling a wave, encoding to digital form and mathematically compressing the wave, at a loss. NOT AUDIO EDITING. Yet you keep attacking my audio editing skill. You are the perfect example of a desperate person, with the arguing ability of a goldfish clinging solely to the straw man. Bravo :rolleyes: .

strawmanpostermf6.jpg

Squidge would be a great mod, i'd be banned by now if he was. Anyhow, you told me this yesterday on MSN BEFORE the argument. So clearly I have nothing to do with it. However, I notice that your post says "like this" and thus does not directly reference me. Congrats on your first viable argument in this topic.

sam fisher said:
Squidge would be a great mod, i'd be banned by now if he was. Anyhow, you told me this yesterday on MSN BEFORE the argument. So clearly I have nothing to do with it. However, I notice that your post says "like this" and thus does not directly reference me. Congrats on your first viable argument in this topic.
Peter I was not the first to say this in this thread, but you really are an idiot. I will leave the rest of this thread to you and your lurvely Mental anguishes... Have fun hun.

I'm bored of this now. I kindly request you just give up. Your failure to induce any form of negative reaction in me is pitiful. It provided me great humour but now just boredom remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back