Sound Quality And Ear Buds

christo930

I am considering an upgrade of my gp2x and I was wondering about the sound quality of the dingoo and the quality of the earbuds or earphones than come with it. I have a decent pair that came with my laptop, but they are rather big for my ears. I assume the dingoo comes with earbuds, but are they any good? Does it use the standard 1/8 jack that every walkman comes with?
How long does the battery run the mp3 player between charges?

Thanks.

Chris

PS.. I accidentally posted this to the news section. I apologize if it shows up 2x. Hopefully a mod will delete the post in the news section.

Hey yes, it uses standard 3.5mm headphone jack.

Sound quality is excellent imo. About the same as an ipod, but LOUDER!!

Included headphones are ok but not great. They do the job if you have nothing else. I recommend some Sennheiser in-ear with volume control as an alternative. In-Line volume is very useful with the Dingoo as not all emu's/ games have hardware volume controls.

If you will just be using Dingoo for media files then the d-pad up/down works as volume.

btw, my Dingoo headphones broke after about 2 months ... however, expensive headphones DO it justice!! Hope you enjoy the A320 .. fantastic device which fixes most problems with original GP2X :)

EDIT - I never replied about battery life .. sorry! I have never tested MP3 with no screen etc. However, using as an MP4 player watching videos I get about 7-8 hours. Same with emu's or games. I imagine just playing MP3's with no screen should get you at least 10 hours between charges, probably longer. Someone else probably has better experience of this though ..!

I was actually quite surprised at the sound quality, I consider myself an audiophile & most of what I listen to is on vinyl, but I would take the dingoo over an ipod any day. I used my dingoo with the (junk) headphones that come with the iphone for a week or so on a trip (iphone busted) & I was able to go days without charging it, It's really quite nice. The headphone jack is in a great place for sliding it in & outta your pocket. The dingoo has the added bonus of being able to play a wide range of file formats as well. The headphones that come with the Dingoo aren't as good as the ones that come with an ipod, so it'd be worth it to invest in a pair with the money you'd save from buying a Dingoo instead of another device.

Consequence9 said:
I was actually quite surprised at the sound quality, I consider myself an audiophile & most of what I listen to is on vinyl, but I would take the dingoo over an ipod any day. I used my dingoo with the (junk) headphones that come with the iphone for a week or so on a trip (iphone busted) & I was able to go days without charging it, It's really quite nice. The headphone jack is in a great place for sliding it in & outta your pocket. The dingoo has the added bonus of being able to play a wide range of file formats as well. The headphones that come with the Dingoo aren't as good as the ones that come with an ipod, so it'd be worth it to invest in a pair with the money you'd save from buying a Dingoo instead of another device.

As I stated in the Wiz thread, I have very poor hearing in my left ear, and if I turn the volume up enough to hear it in my left ear I am being blasted in my right ear. Is there a balance control so I can have the left louder than the right? Also, how long does it take to charge and will it charge in a mac? Does a mac recognize it and mount it as a drive? I have an mp3 player that won't mount or charge in a mac.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
Consequence9 said:

As I stated in the Wiz thread, I have very poor hearing in my left ear, and if I turn the volume up enough to hear it in my left ear I am being blasted in my right ear. Is there a balance control so I can have the left louder than the right? Also, how long does it take to charge and will it charge in a mac? Does a mac recognize it and mount it as a drive? I have an mp3 player that won't mount or charge in a mac.

Chris
I don't think it has that feature, however a device to do that would be extremely simple to make & you could use it with any combo of headphones/device. Depending on what your charging source is the time it takes varies. Charging from a usb port on a computer will take longer than charging from the included plug-in usb adapter (I'm actually using the one that came with the iphone which works quite well). It'll definitely charge from a mac, but I can't comment on if it will mount the internal memory. I'm using linux & it mounts the mini-sd just fine if i plug it in, but not the internal mem. I know there is a solution to get it to mount, but I'm lazy & it's irrelevant to macs. Someone else will have to comment on if it mounts on a mac, but my guess would probably be the mini-sd will but the internal won't.

Consequence9 said:

Real vinyl records with a high quality needle and the liquid you put on the record before you play it (I forget what it's called) will give really good sound, certainly better than cd. I have a record player connected to my receiver and many of my records sound better than cds. The jack on the gp2x is in a terrible spot for how I use it. I carry a backpack that has a pocket at the top and it's easy to access the shoulder button from outside the pack, but the earphone wire is always bent 90d and will probably break the wire over time.

Chris

Back