Downgrade To Older Firmware?

deekayfry

Still Fresh
For the me the new firmware is troublesome. Games I have had little trouble playing with are now locking up. It is possible that it is something else, but for now I believe it is the firmware upgrade.

Is there a way to "reverse" the upgrade?

I've been playing GBA Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, and it played fine with the 1.01 version. Now, when upgrading to 1.1, it won't even load.
I haven't tried MAME4ALL on 1.1, but I didn't bother because a few posts say that that has problems.

For me, it makes sense to stick with older versions and see what the developers say before making the leap :) Something I should learn to be patient about :)

I tried deleting the config file and that worked. BTW, great work on the gpSP! Please don't take what I complain about specifically to that app or any other app. The Wiz is barely a month old, and to have an app like out of the gate is impressive.

I am not going to try to revert back to the 1.0. I think that it is way too risky.

Okay, this may help. I noticed as I loaded the ROM up, if I am turning the volume up or even down, the Wiz freezes up. It appears that any interference with the loading causes the freeze. After that, the game becomes unplayable and freezes each time I try to load it. Deleting the config file fixes this problem.

I do not know if this is the case with other ROMs.

Back