Quiet Sound After Firmware Upgrade

ozy

Still Fresh
Hello,

I've had a GP2x F200 for about 8 months now, and i decided (for no other reason than I had nothing else to do), to upgrade the firmware on the console. This was possibly a bad idea as since the upgrade (which went through successfully), the sound from the console is much quieter than it was on the old firmware. Even with the volume turned up to max, sounds and music within any game are not very audible.

Has anyone else come across this problem? And if there is no fix for it, is it possible to downgrade firmware?

The console is currently on Firmware V4.11, I did not take any notice of which firmware it was on before the upgrade.

Cheers,

ozy

Just downgrade to 4.0.0, it should be fine. Wait until open2x is out before upgrading.

might be AVL is switched on, no idea if its still in the new firmwares but I was caught out by it being on by default when upgrading the older firmwares. you can switch it off on the settings screen.

The far too loud sound of the F200, compared to the F100, is generally considered a bug. Or at least, annoying. That's why GPH "fixed" it in the firmwares after 4.0.0. And I must say I like it better this way.

I haven't noticed any AVL settings on all firmwares that I can run on my F200 (4.0.0 or higher) so I bet the only way to get your sound louder is downgrading to 4.0.0. But luckily enough, the GP2X is not a PSP and downgrading is allowed and easy to carry out :D

The sound is definitely lower in FW 4.1.x. It corrected the ear-deafening volume of FW 4.0.0, but there are some programs that are now too low to hear due to how they were programmed. Some of these programs lowered the volume when they detect a F-200 (i.e. PocketSNES), but with the combination of this and the lowered volume in FW 4.1.x, the output has become too low and hardly audible.

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll try downgrading later and post back with results.

Back