Why Downgrade?

Mudi posted on Mar 28 2007 at 05:43 PM said:
Now, I do believe it's possible to make a program that blanks the NAND then automatically loads uboot back on. I think I'm going to work on this program... the problem with this idea of course is if anything goes wrong you'll have a brick and you'll need to use JTAG to restore it.
How much RAM has the GP2x got? Would it be possible to have a system which read the content of the NAND into RAM, erased the flash, then copy it back?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ That's basically the idea I have... read the current uboot into RAM, blank the NAND, copy it back. But still, if anything goes wrong you're screwed...

Reading the entire NAND is probably unnecessary, and would be even riskier since it would take longer to do :p

hm ... i deleted the mmuhack.o and now hu6280 works ^^ ... it never occurred to me, that this could be the problem (hat hu6280 running on my old gp2x).

thx sam

I haven't readup on what does what in terms of the gp booting, but isolating the components used too boot and start the firmware upgrade, would seem as the least risky.

Or maybe the program itself could contain the necessary data.

Parkydr posted on Mar 28 2007 at 12:50 PM said:
The reason a lot of people still have FW 2.1.1 is that it's the latest official release.

I'm not going to use the dodgy version from the archive.

If 3.0 is so good, why hasn't it been officially released?

3.0 is official, just not released for download. My GP2X came preloaded with 3.0

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who care to know the fw rip available for dl will work... it seems that you should ideally upgrade from 2.0.0 to be without issues. I'm back at the 3.0 version to see if I can't remedy the theme issue...

Back