don't click this link

hint for beginners: 

Code:
while true; do  xdotool click 1;  done

DS8519O.jpg

that donate thing isnt working for me.....and it just messed my game up :/ clicked donate, clicked back, and it didnt load my save file, now im down to 40 upgrades with only 4tril cookies :{

that donate thing isnt working for me.....and it just messed my game up :/ clicked donate, clicked back, and it didnt load my save file, now im down to 40 upgrades with only 4tril cookies :{
The game has been updated, and stuff like time machines have been made less effective. There's also a new upgrade to be found and for some reason the last upgrade has to be purchased again. Check the image I posted - there's 42 upgrades now.

D.

Meh, this is pretty fun, but I greatly prefer Anti-Idle: The Game (can be found on Kongregate, for instance).

The main problem, as I see it is that, towards the end of the game every single person on earth would have to eat 500 cookies per day to keep up with production.

Is this even a game? Is there a way to lose?
So, for you, a game have to have a notion of winning and losing ? Is there no fun for you if you have no chance to loose ?Do you think nobody can enjoy a bit fun without having the risk of losing ?

I'm not saying it's not fun. Games are not the only fun things.

This thing is some form of interactive entertainment, but I wouldn't call it a "game".

So, for you, a game have to have a notion of winning and losing ?
It's entirely deterministic. It's a game in the same way that tic-tac-toe is a game: you can do things but playing it is just a straightforward algorithm and doesn't actually require any interaction, just buy things in the right order. I don't believe that a game needs to have a win/lose condition, but a game should have some notion of challenge, some thing that requires you to improve skills or gamble on fate. That's just my definition. The dictionary definition is simply "a form of amusement" which isn't very specific at all but I guess it applies well enough to my own.
edit: Oh, and people stuck at 41, sell one of your cursors and then buy it back. Hitting the 160th cursor again gives you the final upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tic-tac-toe is a 2-player game in which you can win, lose or tie. Puzzles (e.g. sokoban) are 1-player games in which you can win (solve the puzzle) or lose (fail to solve it).

The interactive piece of entertainment called "cookie clicker" is not a game, because you can't do anything "wrong". All moves are good moves - sure, some will give you more cookies faster, but in the end, the outcome of all "sessions" are the same: your production per second increases monotonically, and after some time you can buy all upgrades, which I suppose means you "win". Strategy, "skill" (fast clicking) and persistence only make the inevitable win happen faster, but are in no way required.

If this is a "game", then popping bubble wrap is also a "game". It's a temporarily entertaining activity, nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah this is an experience... designed to pry on the "I want MOAR" instincts of the human psyche...

EDIT: I did play it... and I see how pointless it is but that instinct is trying to call me back... argh damn you!

Well, I've now gotten 3 trillion cookies in the bank so I reckon I'm good for when he gets the next upgrades in.

D.

This kind of entertainment remind me of the dialup era. I had too keep an eye on download bar to be able to close the connection and stop paying lot of money…

Holy crap. Achievements have been added. I have 45/72, with 3.5 trillion in the bank. This is getting weird now.

Edit: And now only 51/54 upgrades unlocked. Shit.

D.

Back