Iframes In Firefox

RockOut

Website
www.godsofallmedia.com
I purchased a template from template monster and completed this site in Dreamweaver 8. This site uses flash as well as iframes. When viewed in IE or Opera, the site displays fine with the flash header at top, but when you open it in Firefox, the flash header disappears, and there is an error with the iFrames. I'm just wondering what to do to fix this problem. Thanks.

BTW: I'm using an unofficial fix for the Microsoft click here to activate content problem.

Here is the link. http://www.ontoorthopedics.com

Make sure the Flash plugin for FF is installed.

I've never had any problems with frames in FF, so I don't know what to tell you besides the obvious.

But heres the rant anyway:

Frames suck. They break the URL system, they're ugly, they're straight out of 1997 and there are better ways to accomplish a better version of the same effect in CSS.

Also, never buy templates, learn HTML and CSS yourself. And never use flash where normal markup can accomplish the same look for less bandwith, less CPU time, and run better on more browsers. You don't need flash for anything besides games and cartoons and fucking embedded movie players.

edit: Yeah I use XHTML.

wow, it even needs javascript to display anything and has 10 html errors in the main iframe alone.
probably the most shitty page ive ever seen.

What did you pay for that??? you should be given money to even have to look at it!

..and don't work directly on the Live version ;)

Btw, the Firefox problem is a simple forward/backward slash issue in your code.
In each case, change flash\header.swf to flash/header.swf

I talked with them in email and they suggested the slash fix, but when I tried that nothing happened. I then provided them with my ftp info and they got the flash to at least display. Anyway, if anyone here wants to buy it, the template's $51. :D http://www.templatemonster.com/website-templates/11168.html .

I'm just wondering if anyone would mind helping me debug it a little since I don't know much html at all. :blush:

Thanks

Edit: I would also love to change the programming, but I don't know XHTML from XSLT.

The page doubles itself out from the center in FF 2.03 on linux.

siteyj5.gif

Also I hate how the text becomes CAPITALIZED when hovered over. Its kind of a ghetto way of making something bold, I guess.

Vimacs said:
ditch it, request refund, buy a decent book on html/css, do something way better yourself.
Appreciate the suggestion... <_<

Anyway, we spent about 1 month developing the site for my father's orthopedic practice. I probably put about 35 hrs into it so I can't just toss it out and start over on our own site.

I'm just wondering what to do to make it functional, idc if it's perfectly coded as long as it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back