Donkey 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazrhog

WOW, you guys should check this out. It should be noted that I don't own a PSP, but man are they managing to get some power out of it or what ....

This video shows Donkey 64, supposedly a N64 emulator running practically full speed on a PSP .... Mario Kart anyone ... ?

PSP Link

Im doubtfull too...
Sony is trying to stop homebrew programs with firmware updates, you cant play certain games without updating

MakavelianKode posted on Mar 9 2006 at 03:20 PM said:
They can't even get a PS1 emu to run this smooth - I don't buy it

Highly dubious indeed, in fact I’m pretty sure it’s a fake – I know how I would have faked that video at least. Point is if you can’t emulate a PS1, with it’s much more similar to the PSP processor, then how on earth are you going to emulate the N64?

Let’s just compare CPU’s shall we:
PSP: dual-core MIPS32 R4000-based CPU

Playstation: MIPS R3000A-compatible (R3051) 32bit RISC chip running at 33.8688 MHz

N64: Processor: 93.75 MHz NEC VR4300 (info), based on MIPS R4300i series 64-bit RISC CPU

So umm “whatever”

Last edited by a moderator:
To me it could be either way.

What puts doubt in my mind is the fact that when he starts "playing" the camera is moved closer to the screen so you can't see what he is pressing, buttonwise, clearly.

I'm guessing it's a pre-recorded video with a nice GUI.

Why does the (XGP)/GP2X Talk has to be polluted with [fake] PSP news??

racoon posted on Mar 9 2006 at 10:56 PM said:
Why does the (XGP)/GP2X Talk has to be polluted with [fake] PSP news??

I wondered the same thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
22 pages? Fuck that. Link to the page it starts getting interesting on please.

Edit: Never mind, looks like it gets interesting on page 2. That didn't take long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back