Don´t Know How To Get Startetd

tomkat

Still Fresh
Hello,

i have major problems with running anything on my brandnew GP32-System. I bought a SM-Card and added some ROMs on it. But when i put it in the System an started, he won´t identify anything.

What must i do to get started ?

Please help...

Also, check the readme from your emulator of choice and make sure everything is in the proper place. You said that you put roms on your SMC, so I assume it is formatted then. Also, it helps if your a little more specific about your problem, "I put roms on, and it doesn't work.", is a little vague. Does your GP32 boot-up to the program selection screen? Which firmware are you using? What GP32 model are you using? It all helps.

Good luck, and welcome to the club.

Cheers! :p

reaper79 posted on Oct 29 2005 at 12:37 PM said:
Also, check the readme from your emulator of choice and make sure everything is in the proper place. You said that you put roms on your SMC, so I assume it is formatted then. Also, it helps if your a little more specific about your problem, "I put roms on, and it doesn't work.", is a little vague. Does your GP32 boot-up to the program selection screen? Which firmware are you using? What GP32 model are you using? It all helps.

I formatted it on Windows XP and then i loaded a normal ROM on it, like i use it on my Computer also with Emulators like Gem (for Mega Drive/Genesis). And he couldn´t find no Data on the Card. Not even a MP3 he played, and i think i don´t need no Emu for playing Mp3´s ? It seems like he don´t detect my Card (it´s from Hama). But PC-Link via USB-Cable doesen´t work also...

I got a Flu-Version (White), but i don´t know my firmware.

Do you know maybe where the problem is ?

Thank you forwardly.

Last edited by a moderator:
tomkat posted on Oct 29 2005 at 01:32 PM said:

I formatted it on Windows XP and then i loaded a normal ROM on it, like i use it on my Computer also with Emulators like Gem (for Mega Drive/Genesis). And he couldn´t find no Data on the Card. Not even a MP3 he played, and i think i don´t need no Emu for playing Mp3´s ? It seems like he don´t detect my Card (it´s from Hama). But PC-Link via USB-Cable doesen´t work also...

Thank you forwardly.
The Windows XP formating doesn't seem to work with the gp32. If it is a 128 MB card then try using THIS to format it.

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 29 2005 at 01:49 PM said:
tomkat posted on Oct 29 2005 at 01:32 PM said:
Also, check the readme from your emulator of choice and make sure everything is in the proper place.  You said that you put roms on your SMC, so I assume it is formatted then.  Also, it helps if your a little more specific about your problem, "I put roms on, and it doesn't work.", is a little vague.  Does your GP32 boot-up to the program selection screen?  Which firmware are you using?  What GP32 model are you using?  It all helps.

Thank you forwardly.
The Windows XP formating doesn't seem to work with the gp32. If it is a 128 MB card then try using THIS to format it.

But i just have a 64 MB Card.

Basically the problem that you are having is due to formatting with XP, the gp32 doesn't recogise that format, so you need to try one of the following and you'll be up and running:

1) are you using pc-link to transfer the data? If so then select format in pc-link and the card should be come readable.

2) If you are using some other firmware on the gp32 check whether it has a format option and format using that.

3) Use a camera if you have one to format the card then try again.

Good luck in getting your card formatted correctly.

carlgeorge posted on Oct 29 2005 at 03:09 PM said:
Basically the problem that you are having is due to formatting with XP, the gp32 doesn't recogise that format, so you need to try one of the following and you'll be up and running:

1) are you using pc-link to transfer the data? If so then select format in pc-link and the card should be come readable.

2) If you are using some other firmware on the gp32 check whether it has a format option and format using that.

3) Use a camera if you have one to format the card then try again.

Good luck in getting your card formatted correctly.

I use a Program named "PC-Linken", it was given to me with the GP from the former User. If I set my GP on Data-Transfer-Mode the Screen says: " Now waiting...". Then I start the Program and press the "okay" and the GP-Message from my Computer is "failed to open USB-Port", but my USB-Port is installed correctly, so i guess theres something wrong with the Program.

Is there an alternative Program to "PC-Linken" ?

And how do i get a Firmware on GP ?

How do I know if i already have some and how should I know which Type it is ?

No i´m as far as to install the GP32 MANAGER-Program on my Computer, but i need also the GP USB DRIVERS. The Problem is, that the www.gp32.com site is down.

Where can i get the USB-Drivers ?

I think THIS is what you need. ALWAYS look for a file on www.gp32x.de before searching the rest of the net as it has just about everything you need for your gp32.

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 29 2005 at 05:44 PM said:
I think THIS is what you need. ALWAYS look for a file on www.gp32x.de before searching the rest of the net as it has just about everything you need for your gp32.

...so i doubleclicked on rwbulk.exe (blue screen-icon), it popped up for a milisecond and then nothing happened...the Program still don´t run. What must i do with the Data ?

tomkat posted on Oct 29 2005 at 05:50 PM said:

...so i doubleclicked on rwbulk.exe (blue screen-icon), it popped up for a milisecond and then nothing happened...the Program still don´t run. What must i do with the Data ?
I don't think you need to run rwbulk.exe, all you need is the .inf and .sys files (these are the drivers). To use rwbulk you need to open up a command prompt (goto start>run and type in cmd). Then you need to run rwbulk through the command prompt.

But don't worry about this, because what you really need to do is install the drivers, but, sadly, I can't remember where to go in windows to do this..... Try plugging in your gp32 and then going to "add hardware" in the control panel. It will probably detect the gp32 and then ask you how to get the drivers for it. Tell it where the drivers are located and everything should then work.

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 29 2005 at 10:05 PM said:
tomkat posted on Oct 29 2005 at 05:50 PM said:

I don't think you need to run rwbulk.exe, all you need is the .inf and .sys files (these are the drivers). To use rwbulk you need to open up a command prompt (goto start>run and type in cmd). Then you need to run rwbulk through the command prompt.

But don't worry about this, because what you really need to do is install the drivers, but, sadly, I can't remember where to go in windows to do this..... Try plugging in your gp32 and then going to "add hardware" in the control panel. It will probably detect the gp32 and then ask you how to get the drivers for it. Tell it where the drivers are located and everything should then work.
just right click on the .ini file and choose install to install it.

Back