Dolphin Emulator

PeeZapp

I know its not possible to port as the pandora is not powerful enough but was just wondering how far off (processing power wise) it would be. I have it on my macbook pro 2.2ghz (which is really a good gaming/emulation machine with a ps3 and xbox 360 controller connected)and it runs most gamecube games almost perfectly.

Moderators feel free to move this wasn't sure if it was off-topic

im sorry, is this some kind of sick joke to you?

lol ^, well.... as a point of reference my oc'd 3.8ghz quad core with a gtx460sc, depending on the dolphin linux build im using, gc games are all well and good, but i still have issues with a fair amount of wii games. from what i understand of the dolphin emulator it used three cores very intensively and can be configured to use a fourth core for audio emulation. i have had fast build mind you, but compatibility was poor... even still this is a 3.8ghz quad core... i think itll be a while before we are there with the ARM....

Na not a sick joke was seeing how far off not requesting a port my mate has a MacBook air 1.4 ghz and it runs most games fairly easily with the new build that's all

i was under the impression the mac build was slow, although i havent messed with dolphin or visited the boards in a while. i might have to try this on my wifes mac book.

Na not a sick joke was seeing how far off not requesting a port my mate has a MacBook air 1.4 ghz and it runs most games fairly easily with the new build that's all

i was under the impression the mac build was slow, although i havent messed with dolphin or visited the boards in a while. i might have to try this on my wifes mac book.

There was a new build released like last week and it was the first I've tried seems no difference in speed between my Mac and bootcamp partition a couple of compatibility thing different eg wario world on Mac unplayable and one of the 007's on windows crashes but works on Mac from my testing anyway. Theres just not much support for Mac anywhere and everyone who asks anything about it on any dolphin related forum just gets abused and told to get a windows machine but I showed my mate my MacBook pro so he got it on his air and it is pretty comparable Mario sunshine full speed and stuff checked out some bids on YouTube and the new build appears to play like new super Mario wii at close to full speed and stuff

Just to remember you that Dolphin supports Wii;

Even if it's impossible for Pandora to emulate Wii at fullspeed on Pandora, it's certainly possible to emulate GameCube with fullspeed on Pandora.

Check out the compatibility list for gamecube games on Dolphin, it's just amazing: http://wiki.dolphin-emulator.com/index.php?title=Nintendo_GameCube

Zelda Windwaker and Twilight Princess runs just well on computers :p

A port of Dolphins would just be possible for someone who has a pure soul :lol:

Even if it's impossible for Pandora to emulate Wii at fullspeed on Pandora, it's certainly possible to emulate GameCube with fullspeed on Pandora.

Check out the compatibility list for gamecube games on Dolphin, it's just amazing: http://wiki.dolphin-emulator.com/index.php?title=Nintendo_GameCube

Are you crazy?

The gamecube is virtually the same hardware as the Wii, on top of that the Gamecube is more powerfull then the PS2, and its absolutely impossible to emulate Ps2 games on the Pandora, let alone Gamecube.

It wont happen on the Pandora 1, so forget about it.

And just so you know, high compatibility does not mean itl work on any system, the Pandora is not powerfull enough, and you should have known that.

You need at least a system 4 x the power of the pandora to run gamecube emulation in full speed.

Someone should lock this topic, its absurd to even mention any form of emulation beyond the Dreamcast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect it's pretty absurd to mention the Dreamcast, too - whilst the work done on it is sterling, I don't expect we'll see it full-speed on the Pandora "1", either...

I don't really see any particularly dire reason to lock this, but I do think that a move to Other Consoles, at the very least, is appropriate. I gather that SONY was going to do this at some earlier point, but it seems to still be here, so I'll move it over, now.

Not a problem. I can see why - I wasn't 100% sure until this point, myself. :lol:

Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Just to be clear on this i wasn't saying it could be done or asking if anyone would do it I was simply asking how far off the pandora would be on a pure spec level considering it runs well on 1.4ghz mac.

Are you crazy?

The gamecube is virtually the same hardware as the Wii, on top of that the Gamecube is more powerfull then the PS2, and its absolutely impossible to emulate Ps2 games on the Pandora, let alone Gamecube.

It wont happen on the Pandora 1, so forget about it.

And just so you know, high compatibility does not mean itl work on any system, the Pandora is not powerfull enough, and you should have known that.

You need at least a system 4 x the power of the pandora to run gamecube emulation in full speed.

Someone should lock this topic, its absurd to even mention any form of emulation beyond the Dreamcast.

I had no idea the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2 i thought it was the other way round but that is coming from a guy that knows nothing about this stuff

Just to be clear on this i wasn't saying it could be done or asking if anyone would do it I was simply asking how far off the pandora would be on a pure spec level considering it runs well on 1.4ghz mac.

Define well, because dolphin really pushes my I7 quadcore with GF280XT, when i enable enough eye candy to make it run well for me.

To me a game has to run on 20+ fps to make sure it runs well.

That we will see no sooner then on the Pandora 2, which might house a triple or quad core processor, by the time the team even wants to start thinking about the Panda 2, which wont be soon.

Define well, because dolphin really pushes my I7 quadcore with GF280XT, when i enable enough eye candy to make it run well for me.

To me a game has to run on 20+ fps to make sure it runs well.

Well 80% of gamecube games i tried on mine (2.2 ghz macbook pro brand new last year with nvidia GFX card not sure exact model)run between 80-100% speed with minimal glitches on my mates air which is 1.4 solid state drive it runs about 65% of GC games he has tried at 80-100% and the rest at playable speed with slowdown in graphically rich areas which i couldn't believe till i saw it. haven't tested any wii games as i have a homebrewed one and don't need too.

Back