Does Anyone Else Hate The Gp2x's Cheap Battery Tabs

scienceman91

Still Fresh
Does anyone else hate the gp2x's cheap battery tabs

they bend really easily

i have to put a 1.5cm washer in each battery holder to get the battery to touch the tabs

I've had my F100 for quite some time and I have never had a problem with the tabs. Gone thru quite a few nimh batts and lots of alkaline standbys.

I only have a problem with a SD card permanently latched in the unit for a few months. No prob, used the usb transfer instead of a card reader... and this week the SD card failed and now it is screwed. And I used to use this thing every day.

But no... Battery tabs just fine.

Mine are fine - some NiMh batteries are slightly longer than others, so have had to (once) bend them back in place.

My son has an xbox controller that has springs that have tarnished/rusted - causing battery problems - so even MS can't get it right...

You could try putting some sort of sponge behind the tabs to stiffen them up a bit?

I can't believe you just compared the gp2x
to microsoft

that is treason
high treason

and as i said i put 2 1.5cm washers behind each battery tab i have bent them in and out so much they are as flimsy as rubber

oh and the only things microsoft has done right since win xp xp2 was the xbox
and now that gates is done ms is headed off in a new direction of suckyness

I have never had any problems with my F100s battery connectors, I do find though that my NiMh batteries are a tighter in the compartment though.

The tab broke on my 2x about a month and a half ago. I had a piece of metal that I used to get some juice flowing, but now it no longer works.

I have probs with mine. One set of my batteries have no problems the other set ( a sligthly cheaper one) has. I try to put something behind the tabs.

yes for some reason rechargeable seem to be slightly bigger than standard batteries

yes it is A METAL WASHER 1.5CM IN DIAMETER

MS sucks no matter what your comparing it to
i take that back
there is mac

depending on what side your broken battery tab is, you may be able to replace it with a better long lasting old fashioned spring tab

just find a spring tab in some old broken device pop it out and if the broken tab is on the right side as looking at the back of the gp2x, then pry that tab out and put the other one in

make sure it's the same type of tab though

Back