Battery cover tabs snapped

Garrett

Advanced Member
So i removed the battery whilst flashing to the latest firmware, and whilst replacing the cover one of the tabs just snapped off.. there's too little left in order to re-attach via glue.

Can i possibly get a replacement cover.?

Thanks.

I believe ED should be able to sort this out. He sent me a new cover when the same thing happened to mine. Drop him a PM or an e-mail - that should do it. :)

I have the same issue - keeping the battery in place with rolled up wads of paper means adding more stress to the tabs, and I'm now missing two of them, fortunately at opposite ends. I'll wait until the demand for new Pandoras for old pre-orders has subsided before I buy a new cover off ED though :)

D.

I have the same issue - keeping the battery in place with rolled up wads of paper means adding more stress to the tabs, and I'm now missing two of them, fortunately at opposite ends. I'll wait until the demand for new Pandoras for old pre-orders has subsided before I buy a new cover off ED though :)

D.

AH yes.. drat, didn't really occur to me that ED is probably inundated at the moment.. i guess it's down to good old fashioned Gaffer tape then!

ahh gaffer tape.. through the hard times and the good times . you my friend have always gotten me through and held me together.

I've got second cover and mine is same too.

I've been using cellotape for a long tape,these battery are cheaply made and totally low quality,no use buying one of these,only buy one when they have snapped in half,i'm being very serious about this.

I've been using cellotape for a long tape,these battery are cheaply made and totally low quality,no use buying one of these,only buy one when they have snapped in half,i'm being very serious about this.

You snapped your battery in half?

Good god.

D.

What?

I think he's saying that you should wait until your Pandora is unusable before ordering another battery-cover, rather than getting one before you're left without your device whilst waiting for a replacement cover to arrive...

OK, just a missing word that threw me :)

I agree that it makes sense to get as much use out short-lived things as possible - I do that with cheap earphones myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's saying that you should wait until your Pandora is unusable before ordering another battery-cover, rather than getting one before you're left without your device whilst waiting for a replacement cover to arrive...

No, he definitely said that you should only buy a battery when your previous one has been snapped in half. For some reason a suitable replacement (possibly up to the point it snaps) is "cellotape" - though I'm struggling to determine what properties it would have, and why its main use is on Cellos.

D.

^ It's for Pandoras being used in musical applications, of course.

No, he definitely said that you should only buy a battery when your previous one has been snapped in half. For some reason a suitable replacement (possibly up to the point it snaps) is "cellotape" - though I'm struggling to determine what properties it would have, and why its main use is on Cellos.

D.

Only a cello is sturdy enough for it. The tape is so strong it warps violins and fiddle. With this in mind it's perfectly understandable that a relatively fragile battery would snap when exposed to it!

Of course, I could be misunderstanding. Maybe he meant you should only buy a snapped-in-half battery.

Oh, and as to the original topic, my battery has 2 or 3 snapped tabs (I think it has 5 total). That's one for each time I've opened it. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Broke a tab off my cover, too. But my whole Pandora is mostly held together with black electrical tape which keeps the battery cover in place.

Not enough left to glue the tabs back on? I glued mine on when just the tab broke, it pretty much broke at the 90 degree.

^ I'm thinking that the issue is with the straight tabs at the bottom of the battery-cover. At least, that's what was wrong with mine, anyway. :p

Back