Do You Intend To Re-order?

do you intend to re-order?

• yes, i have re-ordered or will do shortly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, im out for good.

• no, but i'll probably order from the second batch instead.

• Total voters

gibberish

just interested to see how many people decided not to re-order really.
i re-ordered, the same day my funds were returned.

I reordered before i even got word of a refund! ,that shows my die hard dedication above you all!
lol i definitely will reorder, nothing changed and i still have no reason not to, if i commited with my name and money, i dont have any excuse why that still doesn't hold true.

I will be once my next bank statement is through and my refund confirmed.

Delays and any future problems be damned. In a world full of shiny glossy aspirational gadgetry more suited to city boy sports car driving tw*ts id be a donkey to reject a chance to own something so beautifully utilitarian. :)

I don't really get the thought process in not reordering but going for the second batch.

"Yes, I do still want one, but I don't want it too soon"?

aliking said:
I don't really get the thought process in not reordering but going for the second batch.

"Yes, I do still want one, but I don't want it too soon"?

For me it's a "I'd like a Pandora, but only if it's successful enough for there to be a second batch. Otherwise its lifetime of support, software, userbase etc are significantly reduced.". Technically that's a catch-22, so people wait for the second batch, once all the design, manufacturing, and banking hiccups have been worked out, even if it costs more and takes longer.

Waiting is also hedging your bets against some form of metaphorical meteor strike. (component integration design fault, problems requiring recalls or major design revisions, more awesome product comes out during delays, etc) which are unfortunately all to common in awesome first time engineering projects like this one. Second batchers get the same Pandora first batchers do, without any of the risk they're taking.

Add to this things actually have downturned somewhat for many, and that 200GBP/$330US/$400CDN may be better spent on something other than a Pandora in 2009 for those who need the money for food/rent/pants.

I'm still on the fence. I've not received a refund or notification. News of steady but slow progress leans me back toward the first batch side of the fence, and the data flow in the past week has been good. I still have a notebook filling with ideas for homebrew games I hope to develop for Pandora, and I have every hope that Pandora makes its third batch and beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:
I as well have not yet received a reorder email, nor have I received word that I've gotten a refund, something I hope never happens as I might be tempted to keep my money in this economy. I want My Pandora, and I want it as soon as humanly possible without causing a ruckus.

I can find no reason not to re-order. I am in the US (Saint Louis, MO) and am due to receive the refund any day. I expect there to be speedbumps and unforseen circumstances. If I wasn't prepared to expect such things with such a cutting edge device, than I wouldn't have ordered to begin with.

Back