Dizzy Magicland

jimbobob84

Still Fresh
runs smooth on amiga emu

I like the dizzy games.

Turns out dizzy was made by the Oliver twins company Codemasters.
They were the somewhat pioneers of videogames.

horay! for homebrew!!

youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
Dizzy games were awesome - I have a few Russian dizzy games for the spectrum that have been translated into english somewhere - if anyone wants them I'll try and find them. It should be ok to upload them and post a link cause they are homebrew (though just as good as the official Dizzy games that are still copyrighted).

8bit computers were the best platform to play Dizzy games on in my opinion - especially the C64/Speccy.

Dizzy games were great yeah, so original at the time. Treasure island Dizzy was the only one I managed to complete, I remember being well chuffed when i finished it, no pokes! I'd be interested in seeing the rest of that documentary.

Edit: In fact, here it is.. (5 parts) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, wasn't TI dizzy the one where you only get 1 life? That used to really bug me on my c64. I think I completed them all except Spellbound 'cause codemasters released a crappy copy with half the levels missing in that damn c64 collection I saved up all my pocket money for. I did cheat using magazine listings on a few though. For me half the fun was that I could sit down and slowly poke dizzy on a nightly basis.

Awesome, thanks for posting the videos! Just got finished watching them all...theres some interesting stuff in there!

Back