Div Studio Compatible With Fenix?

spaceboygp32x

I have a tutorial which looks good from the old div studio and im wondering how much use it will be??...

am I right in thinking that this is the old version of Fenix?

is it compatible or is it completetly different?

sPaCe :ph34r:

Moogle posted on Mar 21 2005 at 11:32 AM said:

I read that before i posted... L know the drill! I always google and search the forum first...

it just didnt seem clear...

is that a yes then??

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there is no list of the precise differences, but the main differences ly in different parameters and additional commands. For instance, Fenix has local alpha, size_x and size_y values, div had neither. Fenix' save function requires the name of a structure/array, div wants the offset of that structure/array. if you use signal() in fenix it works directly, where in div it works at the end of a frame(when all processes have been carried out). Add to that that when you reference a non-existing process(with proc.var) Fenix bugs out of the whole program where div simply returns zero. Small things giving you a hard time with sometimes unreadable errors/performances. So to learn the language div tutorials are perfectly fine, loops, if else, program structure in processes, variables are all exactly the same in Fenix, but you need to be aware that there is no guarantee what is said in div also 100% applies in Fenix.

Consider it a yes but ;)

Moogle posted on Mar 21 2005 at 12:52 PM said:
Well, there is no list of the precise differences, but the main differences ly in different parameters and additional commands. For instance, Fenix has local alpha, size_x and size_y values, div had neither. Fenix' save function requires the name of a structure/array, div wants the offset of that structure/array. if you use signal() in fenix it works directly, where in div it works at the end of a frame(when all processes have been carried out). Add to that that when you reference a non-existing process(with proc.var) Fenix bugs out of the whole program where div simply returns zero. Small things giving you a hard time with sometimes unreadable errors/performances. So to learn the language div tutorials are perfectly fine, loops, if else, program structure in processes, variables are all exactly the same in Fenix, but you need to be aware that there is no guarantee what is said in div also 100% applies in Fenix.

Consider it a yes but ;)

cheers dude ! :D

so for a simple shooter - it will teach me the basics!

neat!

Moogle posted on Mar 21 2005 at 01:04 PM said:
Let us know when you have something to show :)

might be a while - im in the middle of my final year at uni! :D

thnks for all ya help! :D

Back