Display Turns Off After Some Minutes When Watching Videos

Azure

Trust the recursion...
Has anyone else had this problem with mplayer? After 11 minutes or so of having a video played in full screen, the display shuts off, and I have to move a nub to get the screen back (but then of course it's on full brightness and is blinding me; I'm usually in bed at the time). I checked the Xfce4 Power Manager and under the "On AC" section under the "Monitor" tab I have it set to "Never" put the display to sleep or switch off the display...

I believe the display shut of is in a bash script somewhere. I don't have my Pandora to hand but I think they're stred in something like /usr/pandora/scripts

This is a feature ED added with hotfix 4. I don't know how to change its behavior though :(

I turned off this rather annoying feature by following the instructions from Lomaxx in this thread.

NB : Some people had problems when attempting to perform the same fix, no idea why it worked for me but not others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Azure said:
Has anyone else had this problem with mplayer? After 11 minutes or so of having a video played in full screen, the display shuts off, and I have to move a nub to get the screen back (but then of course it's on full brightness and is blinding me; I'm usually in bed at the time). I checked the Xfce4 Power Manager and under the "On AC" section under the "Monitor" tab I have it set to "Never" put the display to sleep or switch off the display...
I have the same problem with mplayer, first when i got my pandora i had an older version of mplayer, when upgraded it, then this problem occurs, and i have gone to settings as you have done, i have had no luck in getting rid of this interruption when watching videos, i'm using vlc player to watch movies at this moment, the best thing is to do is use another program other than mplayer or use the older version, but I can't remebr where i got that from maybe it's the one in the code pack that was working fine without the interruption. I'll have a play with my pandora and try to see if there is anyway of a fix for this

Last edited by a moderator:
Back