DisplayLink external DVI/VGA display WORKS! Now on to fine tuning it.

That's the one thing...you could not do touchscreen stuff if you are putting the video out to a TV screen!

I doubt it would respond if you touched the Pandy's screen while the output was on a regular tv screen...

Well how about that. So you'd have to touch the spot on the Pandy's screen and it would still work, even though the output is to the TV? Hummm...

The Pandora display will not turn black or anything if that's what you're worried about ... the signal is not re-routed, it is "copied" to the TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, then. TV-out cable is the way to go for me.

Now if I can find me someone with SKILLZ....who would be willing to put one together.

OR...as a thought, if one can't get someone to make the cables withpout minimum order, how about getting an attachment made that would plug into that in the Pandy, and convert the connection to fit already-existent TV-out cables for other units? for example, make it so that it will fit a Dingoo's TV-out Cable.

Kumaki,

interesting idea! I have made TV-Out cables already, about 10 pieces, and sold them here. But I don't want to make more of them, because it's very time consuming. Kind of an adapter for existent TV-Out cables would be great.

But may I kindly ask you to open a new thread for that project? This one is about DisplayLink, and it would be cool, if it could stay a DisplayLink thread, as we will need it for further work on that project.

If you open a new thread, please also attach images of the Dingoo TV-Out cable, especially of the connector going into the Dingoo.

Thx!

OK.

I'll try to start a thread about that tomorrow, then, when I have access to my camera and the cables.

Sorry for the hijack...but it might be a way around the cable problem, just having an adapter made.

I have downloaded RC5.

What's different with the installation?

Do I have to do step 2 (the ont which takes 2-4 hours)?

Yes, you have to compile the kernel.

You can skip phase 4 (xorg driver, 'cause i included it).

Hey Askarus,

actually it can as well take 5 hours. ;-)

However, there is another way: I could upload my kernel and modules directory for you somewhere. But I probably won't be able to do so tonight, so maybe you are faster with recompiling anyway.

Don't worry.

My Pandora will do the job over night and I'll sleep. :lol:

I simply wanted to see some results TODAY, you understand, TODAY, TODAY.

Waiting is :angry: .

Work for software improvements. Don't upload stuff.

Sometimes, waiting is good and makes the mind relax....

...says the guy, who almost never goes to sleep before 1am, just to finish some "very important" stuff TODAY, TODAY, you know ;-)

Idid the last line of step 3 now.

I get: WARNING -e needs -E or -F

Is that an Error or may I go to step 5 (I have RC 5)

EDIT:

I went on with installation and my display is green now.

Could you please upload how the xorg.conf should look after modifikations?

Idon't know where to the additional stuff.

(I also have the /dev/fb3 device)

That warning is okay, I had that, too, and it did no harm. Usually, warnings are just that: warnings. Only on errors such commands really fail. On warnings they usually finish their job gracefully.

I attached my displaylink xorg.conf.

Needed to change the file name extension to ".txt", so that the forum software allowed the attachment.

- Download

- save the downloaded file to /etc/X11/xorg.conf-displaylink.txt

- cd /etc/X11

- backup your original xorg.conf (cp xorg.conf xorg.conf.ORIGINAL)

- and rename this one to xorg.conf (cp xorg.conf-displaylink.txt xorg.conf)

Then:

startx

Have fun! :)

EDIT:

The order of sections in xorg.conf does not seem to matter. I only find it a little confusing with all the references between Screen, Device, Monitor etc.

In order to understand the file, begin at section ServerLayout. Then follow all the references to the other sections.

xorg.conf-displaylink.txt

Attachments

• xorg.conf-displaylink.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 265
Thanks.

I will try it.

EDIT:

AWESOME

It works.

It's so amaying.

Full HD 1080x1920 out of my Pandora.

I hope so much ypu will do some improvements here.

It took me 2 days of instalation, compiling and downloading but it was worth every minute.

2 screens is also great.

Running system Monitor on mz Pandora's gives some nice information.

Some Question:

How to change resoution?

I want to try lower resolution.

Maybe I'll get some performance boost (it's not that important but would be nice).

Back