Dis Thing Looks Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
derka-street posted on Jul 25 2006 at 07:50 PM said:
i am just wondering... should this thread be moved to LOL files?

It's not funny in and of itself; what's hilarious is the lack of action by the staff here.

The sad thing is, we keep bumping it, making legitimate topics get ignored ... we should stop, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Jul 26 2006 at 12:52 AM said:
derka-street posted on Jul 25 2006 at 07:50 PM said:
i am just wondering... should this thread be moved to LOL files?

It's not funny in and of itself; what's hilarious is the lack of action by the staff here.

The sad thing is, we keep bumping it, making legitimate topics get ignored ... we should stop, really.

i agree, i apologise about my previous post i just got caught up in the action ;) anyway back to more research about the gp2x :) (still havent got it yet :( )

Blah posted on Jul 25 2006 at 03:21 PM said:
Please note the following, Ms. Jessi,

The GP2X does not take DS cards, they are pulling your leg.

You will need an SD card, choose whichever size you can afford, and before buying, ask us if that brand and model of card is known to work (some are incompatible, the GP2X is a little picky). You should be able to get one at the place you buy the GP2X.

You may also need a card reader, so that you can easily copy files from your computer to the card. You should be able to get one at the place you buy the GP2X. Remember, you get the games and programs by downloading the from the internet, and copying them from your computer to your SD card.

Sorry about all the spamming, joking, and topic-stealing. The geeks are just a bit uptight around less knowledgable people. They aren't usually like this. If you are who you say you are, and you really want a GP2X, then we well come to respect you more later on.

nubie posted on Jul 26 2006 at 12:00 AM said:
A_SN posted on Jul 25 2006 at 01:10 PM said:
yes people can be this *stupid*, but we spend too much time among ourselves -the über geeks- and not enough time on MySpace or AIM to tell.

Thou shalt go to some myspace chat and see for thyself.
just knowing how to type the ü for the word übergeeks automatically qualifies you (I had to search it up this morning to type the word nüb on another forum, it only took me one link off of Google, skills man skills).

It is fun to play with stuff, hint ALT+0252 on my PC does the ü.

lol wtf, I got a french keyboard, the ¨ is shift of ^ which is right of P. hehe you have a funny way to interpret things :)

Blah posted on Jul 25 2006 at 11:58 PM said:

You will need an SD card, choose whichever size you can afford, and before buying, ask us if that brand and model of card is known to work (some are incompatible, the GP2X is a little picky). You should be able to get one at the place you buy the GP2X.

You may also need a card reader, so that you can easily copy files from your computer to the card. You should be able to get one at the place you buy the GP2X. Remember, you get the games and programs by downloading the from the internet, and copying them from your computer to your SD card.

Sorry about all the spamming, joking, and topic-stealing. The geeks are just a bit uptight around less knowledgable people. They aren't usually like this. If you are who you say you are, and you really want a GP2X, then we well come to respect you more later on.

thank u 4 being helpful

i think my mom is gonna order it tonight or tomorrow 4 me shes gonna get the card or wutever and batteries but she says if i get this i cant get ne dvds for 2 weeks

sexijessi1993 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 05:07 PM said:
thank u 4 being helpful

i think my mom is gonna order it tonight or tomorrow 4 me shes gonna get the card or wutever and batteries but she says if i get this i cant get ne dvds for 2 weeks

DVDs don't work. Well you can convert the video with a computer, but thats very involved and requires a computer with a DVD drive and a lot of processing power.

sexijessi1993 posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:07 AM said:

thank u 4 being helpful

I have a question which I'm sure everybody out here wants to know the answer, how did you hear about the GP2X in the first place? I, for one, would really want to know :)

Trust me, buy some dvds or a bunch of psp/ds/360 titles instead (you seem to own both handhelds, probably you own a 360 too). If you want to play with super mario, buy new super mario bros for the ds, it's a lot better than trying to configure a homebrew emulator on a semi-unknown korean handheld. If you choose the gp2x it's going to be a sweaty bloody trail: the little black plastic bastard is everything but user friendly, you must try hard and read a lot of readmes and documentation to make it work properly.

JyuOH posted on Jul 24 2006 at 03:50 PM said:
lol i'm not a gangsta, though I do consider myself somewhat "hard" but considering most of you are from the UK and what not I doubt you guys really know what I'm talking about. Anyways I think her post was not a joke and was dead serious, if you ever visited myspace you would see most young people do infact type like that as sad as it may be. Hell even my sister types like that (not THAT bad) and she is very smart and gets good grades in school, she just gets online and dumbs herself down. Why? who knows lol

I'm hard too. Well, my penis is at least.

Hard, huh? I love tough guys ... especially the satisfying 'crunch' sound their noses make when they come in contact with my fist.

Asshole.

A_SN posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:13 AM said:
I have a question which I'm sure everybody out here wants to know the answer, how did you hear about the GP2X in the first place? I, for one, would really want to know :)
Yeah, I already asked that myself multiple times. And if your mum said, she won't buy you any dvd's for 2 weeks if she buys you this thing, and you've got a DS, a PSP.. Is there anything your mum won't buy you?

And btw, I really can't understand this. It's been like two days, there were for sure twenty times some mods online and the topic still lives?

Oh, and blah, very kind. Thanks again in the place of jessi for still trying to help in this topic :)

DaveN posted on Jul 26 2006 at 03:07 AM said:
A_SN posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:13 AM said:
Yeah, I already asked that myself multiple times. And if your mum said, she won't buy you any dvd's for 2 weeks if she buys you this thing, and you've got a DS, a PSP.. Is there anything your mum won't buy you?

Kids these days! They get so much money on a weekly basis they have no idea of its worth! When I was a kid in the 1990's I would have rather waited an hour outside than spend $0.20 on the phone to tell my mother to pick me up earlier.

Now kids are spoilt, so much that when my sister was in like 4th grade, she used to buy tons of GBA games new for 40 or 50 € and sell them to the rich ass kids of her school for 150 or 200 €, and the kids gladly paid, because it was the only way they could get themselves that many games, and they had no idea what 200 € really represented.

Not being spoilt teaches you that you can have fun for free, and that few things are actually worth paying for. Thus you can learn how to use BitTorrent rather than be paid a few DVD's every month ;)

Alright, I've HAD IT!!

This thread is now about the conflict in Lebanon & Isreal.

Solution: Sea of glass, start from scratch.

Discuss ;)

lol lol lol

This is lol3222... this is my original account i had to make lol3222 cause i messed this account up on accident. But Hando fixed this one :)

A_SN posted on Jul 26 2006 at 12:13 AM said:

thank u 4 being helpful

my cuzin has 1 and she told me it wuz cool but ive never seen 1 she just told me about it

Shikaku posted on Jul 26 2006 at 03:37 AM said:
The plot thickens, and she is typing with more clarity now!

im typign the same as befor...

Ok, now you've forced my hand:

anotheruglyfacialexpressioneb3rs0.jpg

And here's another one:

deaddogwalking2hc6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back