Dis Thing Looks Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC posted on Jul 24 2006 at 05:42 PM said:
nubie posted on Jul 25 2006 at 12:37 AM said:
DaveC, what tipped you off to the trollness right off the bat?

I gave him/her/it a chance because I notice that much of the net and indeed real life is full of people who know no better how to express themselves.

I also would just like a chance before the forum is closed to mention that I am home-schooled and am not un-intelligent. I was in fact thrown out of first grade because I was too smart for my teacher. Both my parents have IQ on the high side and appreciation for learning, as a child I was much-absorbed by our set of encyclopedias and had read 1,000s of books by the time I was 15.

It is OBVIOUS just by the questions and the "prose" of the writing. I can smell a troll a mile away. I have been here long enough to know one too. Every once in a while some lamer comes across this site searching for GBA R0MZ or something. Then they crash land here to try to stirr us up. The sad thing is that it almost ALWAYS works. (remember the halo porter seeking donations, how about the askquestionsgetdumbanswers dude)

Your parent's high IQs must have cancelled each others out when they had you if you believe this poster is for real ;) One of the books you must have missed was about ,chicanery, flummery and just plain BS detecting. That is fine you are still Ok though, don't want to start a flame war because of that dufus :p
I'll go re-read the original post, but I will also assure I am aware of my own Naivate. Intellegence and personal attitude are two very different things.

I also usually learn by doing, but I need a good creative flamebait troll name to get some practice in the art.

I re-read it just now, it seems I let the bad grammar throw me off the scent. You must be much more adept at that forum speak than I, this is my first forum and It had mostly proper english on it when I joined.

Not to say I don't browse the internet, I had racked up 2,000 hours before I was 20, on a 486 no less!

It is just that a forum never interested me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea if the person who started this is even still here.

Either way...GO TO HELL AND DIE. You are a vile curse upon humanity, a pimple upon the earth's flesh! Your ways of typing are retarded, your preferences are foolish at best, and you are a spoiled little brat! I hope when you get out into the real world you recieve a VERY harsh awakening!

God, I've never SEEN someone this dumb!

Okay, I'm done. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must do some research into the GB/GBC emulator, see how well it runs. Got some roms I've been meaning to play for a while.

EDIT: The person is 13? I am further ashamed of my age group.

nubie posted on Jul 25 2006 at 01:10 AM said:
I re-read it just now, it seems I let the bad grammar throw me off the scent. You must be much more adept at that forum speak than I, this is my first forum and It had mostly proper english on it when I joined.

I wouldn't worry about it I was mostly just joking.

1t 1z ok 1f u r n0t l337 3nuf. wii w3r 4ll l4m3r5 47 1 t1m3 :p

DaveC posted on Jul 24 2006 at 06:25 PM said:

Very funny.

I think you said: It is ok if you are not elite enough. We were all lamers at one time.

I suppose you are right. No offense taken, I should have seen it anyway.

Where are the mods?

nubie posted on Jul 25 2006 at 03:11 AM said:
DaveC posted on Jul 24 2006 at 06:25 PM said:

Very funny.

I think you said: It is ok if you are not elite enough. We were all lamers at one time.

I suppose you are right. No offense taken, I should have seen it anyway.

Where are the mods?
I wasn't. Ever.

I've got an idea. The next time someone comes in here trying to grab attention, lets just help them and ignore the ignorant things they do. That way the don't find entertainment in posting dumb things and they will stop.
It's like you guys are giving this person exactly what they want. If we can't stop them from doing it, maybe we can stop it from happening. You know what I mean???? because this was obviously a fake post.

I don't know, just a suggestion.

Geevowitz posted on Jul 24 2006 at 10:27 PM said:
I've got an idea. The next time someone comes in here trying to grab attention, lets just help them and ignore the ignorant things they do. That way the don't find entertainment in posting dumb things and they will stop.
It's like you guys are giving this person exactly what they want. If we can't stop them from doing it, maybe we can stop it from happening. You know what I mean???? because this was obviously a fake post.

I don't know, just a suggestion.

Brilliant, except for one thing:

Your post has bumped this lame-ass topic back to the top, making the curious folks (like myself) want to see the latest contribution to the comedy. :lol:

Fission Mailed!

Paradox posted on Jul 24 2006 at 10:37 PM said:
yeah but then we couldnt spam and increase those little blue bars under our names

You've got 6 ... how many more do you need? :rolleyes:

Paradox posted on Jul 24 2006 at 09:37 PM said:
yeah but then we couldnt spam and increase those little blue bars under our names

lol

Good piont! :p

if i don wanna order it online where do i buy it from?!?!?

THIS IS NO JOKE I RLY M GOIN 2 GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO STOP HARASING ME PLZ

sexijessi1993 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 11:05 PM said:
DaveN posted on Jul 25 2006 at 04:04 AM said:
Come-on, the wiki was linked in this thread for like ten times..
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Where_to_Buy%3F

but wut if i don wan to get it online

u hav 2 get it online

itz teh only way

it don sho up in stores

BTW, I had to think a lot to be able to try and type this in 'txt speek'. Normal english is just more natural to me.

if u don wan to get it online, u cant by eet. u jsut cn by eet on-line.

Edit: Someone was faster and had just the same idea. And I really had to think hard to write in 'l33t sp3ak'.

sexijessi1993 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 12:05 AM said:
DaveN posted on Jul 25 2006 at 04:04 AM said:
Come-on, the wiki was linked in this thread for like ten times..
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Where_to_Buy%3F

but wut if i don wan to get it online

I hear walmart is getting in a single unit just for you, take a nap in the lawn and garden department and when you wake up it will be on your forehead, I swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back