Dingoo A320 Vs Letcool (Which One Do I Buy)?

alexg1989

Still Fresh
They're probably not powerhouses but I'm eyeing both of these because they're affordable.

I already have a hacked PSP and can do most of what I would want to do in a handheld: emulators, ebooks, comic readers, movies, photos etc... but I just want another handheld...

I can do all of that stuff on both the Dingoo and Letcool in addition to some other stuff like mic recording, FM radio and I think the Letcool even has a camera and 2 gamepads for two player.

I would prefer to buy the Letcool only because it's cheaper, but I have some questions. The Dingoo is pretty cheap to so I wouldn't look that one over.

1) How does both the Letcool and Dingoo's emulation fair? Which one emulates better?
2) How are the ebook readers? Are they better than PSP's Bookr? Can they read PDF Files? If so can they read PDFs with alot of images? The PSP has trouble with that.
3) Any comic book readers on either Dingoo or Letcool?
4) Any .txt editing? Are they IR Keyboard compatible?
5) How are the video playback capabilities of both machines? I already think they're better than PSP in this respect due to not having to convert most videos to some other format.
6) How is the mp3 playback on both devices?

Overall, how do they compare to eachother?

I wouldn't bother with the Letcool now. It turned out to be just another generic MP4 player with the usual emulators and dodgy controls. The dingoo has a reasonable community behind it with a lot more user made content, so that would be my choice.

If you can hold out a few weeks, then I'd wait for the Gemei A330 to see what that turns out like. It's made by one of the companies claiming to be the original Dingoo manufactorers and looks pretty nice. There's a big thread about it on Dingoonity @ http://boards.dingoonity.org/other-game-systems/gemei-a330-coming-soon-to-chinavasion/ with some new pics.

Javacat said:
I wouldn't bother with the Letcool now. It turned out to be just another generic MP4 player with the usual emulators and dodgy controls. The dingoo has a reasonable community behind it with a lot more user made content, so that would be my choice.

If you can hold out a few weeks, then I'd wait for the Gemei A330 to see what that turns out like. It's made by one of the companies claiming to be the original Dingoo manufactorers and looks pretty nice. There's a big thread about it on Dingoonity @ http://boards.dingoonity.org/other-game-systems/gemei-a330-coming-soon-to-chinavasion/ with some new pics.

wow, that one looks so cool... lmao... seriously. When is it scheduled for release?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently production has started now and there are rumours that it will be going out to testers in mid October (whatever that means).
There is a slight problem with it, in that it's using a chinachip. Chinachips don't normally have any documentation available for devs, however an SDK has appeared claiming to be for the A330. I'm waiting to see how open it actually ends up being before deciding to get one or not.

Back