Letcool N350Jp

Javacat

Founder of the WarmFluffyUK fan club
Website
Visit site
So I know there are loooooooooooooooooads of those now handhelds getting churned out of china every week, and they keep appearing on here. Most of them look shite, have a crappy D pad and generally bad button layouts. I've never paid much interest in them, but a new one has sort of caught my eye (after a post here).

It's the Letcool N350JP.
f1df541f-c939-9a95-f0a9-00614dbb6c18-big.jpg

It appears to actually have a decent d-pad and shoulder buttons, but other than that, I can't find much else about it :p After a bit of hunting around the only extra piece of specification that I found which isn't mentioned on the products page is that it's got a 1050mAh battery.
On the products main page there are pictures of it's main board, but I can't see anything that specifically identifies the CPU used. For anyone else that wants to have a go at working it out, a picture of the front is here and one of the back is here.

There is a semi review @ http://dsdatabase.org/entry.php/176-Review-for-Letcool-handheld-console, which includes a few hands on pictures of the console.

So anyone got any other info? Is this just another piece of crap out of china or is someone onto a winner??

WOW!! Thanks, Java. I wanttttttttttttt~!

*drools*

EDIT: With a 3.5" screen, this thing looks massive?

See their hands which are probably small.

Hi, I am SONY, I will not be rude, Asianist or sexist in future, Otherwise i will have to write
out a thousand lines on a concrete slab using a pin.

150kas4j19on1271992816054.jpg

150kaq9r99ol1271992755892.jpg

Looks like GP32Spain heard about it before us :p http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=73715

They seem to think that it is using the Sunplus8000 chipset, which is apparently what's in the JXD V3. They say that there's not currently an SDK available for this chipset, but someone has been working on getting Doom semiworking @ http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17095

Blah... guess it'll be a bit crappy for now, unless some more devs get involved, although that's a nice large screen B)

After some more googling, there's quite a few people messing around with the Sunplus8000, trying to get something going on it (on mp4nation.net anyway..). It's a couple of years old now, but is apparently a bit of a beast.

NES、GB、GBC、SFC、SMC、MD、GBA等游戏。
双打游戏:支持两个人使用双打手柄对战。
外形设计:设计时尚、尺寸小巧,可调节手绳更易携带使用。
视频功能:支持720P高清、RMVB、DAT、RM、MPEG1、MPEG2,MPEG4,FLV,H.263(3GP),H.264,WMV,AVI,ASF,3GP,VOB等视频格式。
音频格式:支持MP3、WMA、AAC、AMR、WMV、ADPCM,WAV,OGG,APE,FLAC等主流音频格式。多功能均衡器,3D虚拟环绕立体声。多任务处理,阅读电子书时同时收听音乐。
相机功能:300万像素数码相机,随身迷你DV机。
视频输出:NTSC/PAL可选,DVD效果,可作DVD播放器和游戏主机使用。
收音调频:手动和自动选择频率在76.0MHz~108.0MHz的频道。
数字录音:可录音,并存储为AAC格式。
图片浏览:放大、缩小、旋转和幻灯播放JPG文件。
电 子 书:支持TXT文件读取,支持书签设置和自动浏览。
日 历:时间显示,提醒设置。
TF 卡:外插TF卡,最大支持高速32GB卡。
其 他:内置双喇叭,USB2.0

Anything look familiar?

Orion4874 said:
Looks loosely based off the a320 design. Would love to see more specs.

Says it has a 300 megapixel camera? LOL
Looks much more like the bottom half of a DS Lite to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
x68000 said:
Orion4874 said:
Looks loosely based off the a320 design. Would love to see more specs.

Says it has a 300 megapixel camera? LOL
Looks much more like the bottom half of a DS Lite to me.

Beat me to it.

Jourdy288 said:
NES、GB、GBC、SFC、SMC、MD、GBA等游戏。
双打游戏:支持两个人使用双打手柄对战。
外形设计:设计时尚、尺寸小巧,可调节手绳更易携带使用。
视频功能:支持720P高清、RMVB、DAT、RM、MPEG1、MPEG2,MPEG4,FLV,H.263(3GP),H.264,WMV,AVI,ASF,3GP,VOB等视频格式。
音频格式:支持MP3、WMA、AAC、AMR、WMV、ADPCM,WAV,OGG,APE,FLAC等主流音频格式。多功能均衡器,3D虚拟环绕立体声。多任务处理,阅读电子书时同时收听音乐。
相机功能:300万像素数码相机,随身迷你DV机。
视频输出:NTSC/PAL可选,DVD效果,可作DVD播放器和游戏主机使用。
收音调频:手动和自动选择频率在76.0MHz~108.0MHz的频道。
数字录音:可录音,并存储为AAC格式。
图片浏览:放大、缩小、旋转和幻灯播放JPG文件。
电 子 书:支持TXT文件读取,支持书签设置和自动浏览。
日 历:时间显示,提醒设置。
TF 卡:外插TF卡,最大支持高速32GB卡。
其 他:内置双喇叭,USB2.0

Anything look familiar?

Bad translation.

NES, GB, GBC, SFC, SMC, MD, GBA and so on tour? . The doubles tour?: Supports two people to use the doubles handle?? . Contour??:confused:?? , The size was still exquisite, but?? Hand? The change takes along? Use. ?? Function: Supports 720P Gao Qing, RMVB, DAT, RM, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, FLV, H.263 (3GP), H.264, WMV, AVI, ASF,3GP, VOB and so on?? Form. Sound? Form: Supports MP3, WMA, AAC, AMR, WMV, ADPCM, WAV, OGG, APE, FLAC and so on main glides? Form. Multi-purpose balancers, 3D empty??? Stereo sound. Many no matter what?? Principle??? ?? With? Receives listening? . Camera function: 300 all phenomena on earth prime numbers? Camera, along with miniature DV machine. ??? Leaving: NTSC/PAL may? , The DVD effect, may make the DVD player and tour? Main engine use. Reception??: Hand? With from???? Leads in 76.0MHz~108.0MHz? Saying. Digit? Sound: But? Sound, coexisting?? AAC form. ? Piece??: Enlargement? Small, turns on lathe? Broadcasts the JPG document with the slide show. ? ?: Supports the TXT document? Takes, supports??? Sets with from??? . Japan?:confused:?? Shows, reminder? Setting. TF card: Extrapolates the TF card, biggest support high speed 32GB card. Other: Built-in double loudspeaker, USB2.0

Trooper

well, it's look really good, with this joysticks it become interesting....
the "consoles" with Sunplus 8000 are called spmp8000, because there are almost the same thing, just change the design and menu pictures...
i have a JXD V3, and i say that Sunplus 8000 is a great hardware, but there's bad firmwares and no development tools, the emulators are not bad, but the button mapping turn some games unplayable...

AleMaxx is the guy in MP4Nation that did the working Doom version, with no sound and no ingame options yet, but working with really nice graphics! there are some ppl interested in doing anything, but few experienced programmers in SPMP8000 scene, that's why it's not great by now, but if more hackers and programmers buy these pmp's, so we can have more stuff...

Orkie said:
Do Sunplus publish any kind of documentation publicly?
As far as I can tell (welll, from what other people say) they don't.

It appears as though sunplus make the chipsets and the firmware then all these random Chinese companies appear and wrap it up into some case. They then use some software to enable/disable different parts of the firmware and skin it for their own device. The software to do that has been released/leaked/something. You can get it from http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13607&start=0. The software is all in Chinese, but some guys in that thread have translated it all and made tutorials.

You may also be interested in what the OP has to say in this thread - http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16873. I've not read through it all, but it sounds like they are reverse engineering the firmware and working out how it all works. Their actual site is OpenSchemes. They have a Hello World app running :D

Dare you to try and port Open2x to the Sunplus thing :p There are tons of these devices using it and all limited to the crappy standard firmware.

FakeEdit: Blah, joanilson41 posted whilst I was writing this :p

Back