Digger V0.1 Released

DaveN

Digger
Website
Visit site
Digger v0.1 released!
300px-Digger-mainscreen.png
300px-Digger-level2.png

I'm porting Digger Remastered to the GP2X. The game itself runs perfect (fullspeed at over 300% of the original speed, and that heavily underclocked!) but I haven't finished working on the sound.

I'm coding on a frontend that will let you select the available command-line options like Gauntlet-Mode, Replays etc. At the moment you can choose between 40+ Levelsets à 10+ levels, including the original ones.

This is the first release so there may be some bugs in it, but I haven't encountered any. My SD-Card just broke so I just could test it via usb and telnet, but if it works this way, it should work on the SD as well.

Download here

I remember playing this on my 286 Toshiba laptop (supposedly portable at 12 kilos) back in the day... nice to see it make its way onto the GP2X :)

Some small issues:

If you exit the game (into gmenu2x) and reenter the game the frontend is scrambled (2 screens are vaguely vissible)
If the game starts the digger shoots immidiately, could be that's normal, I'm not familiar with the original game.

Highscoring is probably not available yet.

Thanks! This are only minor issues, the game is very playable and enough levels to keep you busy for a while.

Well, highscores are avaible and they work for me.. They're getting saved if you loose all your lives (and quit with start+l+r? I'm not quite sure, will have a look tomorrow) And the scores just load if you restart the same set of levels (logically).

I'll have a look into the shoot at start thing, shouldn't happen actually, the garbled screen may be from the way the game quits. I think it isn't uninitialising SDL, should be easy to change.

The next things to do will be bugfixes and more options in the frontend ( set speed, set start level, set unlimited lives, record games, view recorded games, gauntlet mode ).

tsssss...
when i asked for this to get ported to gp32 a while ago, giving the source he's porting now, i got all kinds of stupid answers with similar games, or gameboy version or....
and now it's ported for gp2x everyone thinks it's great (as opposed to redundant when i asked for it...)

well, anyhow, awesome work, digger is a true classic :)

Woah, ace!!!

This is godlike, my first ever pc game now on my gp2x!

Thank you very much for this kickass port!

may be some bugs innit,
<333

English isn't my mother language. ( I thought that's an other way to say inside of it, but thanks to urban dictionary here. )

@Racemaniac: Thanks to your port suggestion ( two years ago ;) ) I remembered the name of the game and decided to port it.

Thanks for the feedback, I've just implented all the commandline stuff, also in the frontend ( using the selector source by Kounch - thanks ). The next thing to do is to add another section to play replays of games - should not be too hard.

The sound will be worked on as soon as all the other things work.

Last edited by a moderator:
may be some bugs innit,
<333

English isn't my mother language. ( I thought that's an other way to say inside of it, but thanks to urban dictionary here. )

@Racemaniac: Thanks to your port suggestion ( two years ago ;) ) I remembered the name of the game and decided to port it.

Thanks for the feedback, I've just implented all the commandline stuff, also in the frontend ( using the selector source by Kounch - thanks ). The next thing to do is to add another section to play replays of games - should not be too hard.

The sound will be worked on as soon as all the other things work.
glad to hear that ^^.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back