Different Output On Lcd And Tv Out, Possible?

timothee

Website
Visit site
Hi all,

Will it be possible to have 2 different views on the TV out and LCD screen? Used to drive a presentation with notes on the LCD for example?

In my case, I've been thinking of creating a flash card system for my young kids, I figure a Pandora hooked to the TV could do wonders, provided I can read on the LCD what the TV actually shows :/.

Thanks!
Tim.

From what little I know about Pandora thus far, what you want (different images sent to the internal LCD and TV-out) should be possible.

If I'm wrong, one of the Pandora devs will hopefully correct me.

So it could be possible, if someone code a NDS Emulator, we could have the DS gaming Screen on TV and the DS Touchscreen on the Pandora? :)

fusion_power said:
So it could be possible, if someone code a NDS Emulator, we could have the DS gaming Screen on TV and the DS Touchscreen on the Pandora? :)
Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
Ds on big screen? yuk :p :)

Actually that'd be kind of cool ;)

I read one of the devs say this is possible awhile ago. Ever since I've been thinking how cool it'd be to have FFCC-esque multiplayer, even online!

pandora said:
fusion_power said:

You shouldn't use a HD-TV. ;) But normal TV's should be "blurry" enough to cover the low res of the DS. And because the Pandora is a Powerhouse we should have more than enough Room for Filters etc. :)

Just a Idea by the way. I haven't a TV with SVideo-In so I think I can't use the TV-Out of the Handheld.

fusion_power said:
pandora said:
fusion_power said:

You shouldn't use a HD-TV. ;) But normal TV's should be "blurry" enough to cover the low res of the DS. And because the Pandora is a Powerhouse we should have more than enough Room for Filters etc. :)

Just a Idea by the way. I haven't a TV with SVideo-In so I think I can't use the TV-Out of the Handheld.

I thought it had both S-Video and composite...

fusion_power said:
And because the Pandora is a Powerhouse we should have more than enough Room for Filters etc. :)
you must be on crack if you think there is any chance of this, it would be an incredible feat if someone got playable ds emulation running and a miracle if it were fullspeed, there will be no extra room for improving the quality if there is ds emulation.

Jackd said:
fusion_power said:
And because the Pandora is a Powerhouse we should have more than enough Room for Filters etc. :)
you must be on crack if you think there is any chance of this, it would be an incredible feat if someone got playable ds emulation running and a miracle if it were fullspeed, there will be no extra room for improving the quality if there is ds emulation.

I have no clue about Emulation! :lol: DS would be great but I think that even on PC's is no "complete" DS Emulator. And I don't think the Pandora is faster than modern PC's. But hey, in other threads here, people discuss about DREAMCAST Emulation on Pandora! :lol: This sounds funny enough to philosophy about NDS i think. ;)

pandora said:
Well, even if it isn't you can just pick up an adaptor for a few quid. :)
That won't work if your tv doesn't support it, I know because I have tried everything :/

Gaeryc said:
pandora said:
That won't work if your tv doesn't support it, I know because I have tried everything :/

Huh? You can change S-Video into Composite with nothing more than a capacitor, although it'll obviously only work if your TV supports composite in.

Squidge said:
Gaeryc said:
pandora said:

Huh? You can change S-Video into Composite with nothing more than a capacitor, although it'll obviously only work if your TV supports composite in.

It would be nice to know where to get one, my girlfriend would be very pleased since her computer doesn't have composite out. I have s-video to composite converter but that doesn't have capacitor so it doesn't work.

Adapters shouldn't be hard to come by. Here's one from a Australian supplier for example, ~ AU$8:

Back