Did The First Launch Of The Gp32 And Gp2x Have Hardware Problems?

DaveC said:
Peter R said:
Okay, Firstly, stop posting unsubstantiated rumours. Noone but you believes in this short livedness of the OLED display and do you even own anything that uses an OLED display? Is it failing? When you can back this up then and only then should you bring it up again.
"No one but me" huh? "Unsubstantiated rumours"? Where do you get your talking points? Do you just make them up based on your own wishful thinking?

http://www.sharpsma.com/Page.aspx/americas...68-7a52cae8fa1e

"It is particularly difficult to drive the blue colors where the luminance efficiency is very low. As a consequence, the lifetime is reduced, and burn-in is also an issue. "

http://www.audioholics.com/education/displ...-ila-crt-page-9

"OLED Display Disadvantages
Short life expectancy (especially blue)
Differing life expectancies for each color resulting for potential of color shift over time (needs to be controlled via electronics)

Currently prototype-only for larger screen sizes - most OLED displays are for portable devices "

http://digidelve.com/oled/problems/
"each color on an OLED ages at a different rate, the display will undergo a dramatic color shift well before the lifetime of the display is reached. Whites can become yellow even within the first thousand hours."

And I could cut and paste more. Consider it "backed up" ;)

Those are mostly ad's for the respective companies proprietary OLED technology....

Last edited by a moderator:
spardasieg said:
Really? hmm I always liked the quality of LCD better then plasma...I love the samsung ones.

Eh guess everyone has there preferance.
Some LCDs are very good, and Samsung is one of them. That doesn't negate the fact that Plasma can physically display more of the visible color gamut.

I think that Laser DLP will display even more of the visible color spectrum. I don't know how Samsung does it on their LCD's. Maybe they use a 24-bit depth panel where others use a 12 or 16 bit panel (the Emerson ones make me want to puke they are so ugly, can't even read the credits onscreen with a bright scene, must be 10-bit color :angry: )

Well I decided to go with the psp because I talked to people on Pspmods.com and they all said that the Snes and Neo geo emulation was great on it, only game that does not work is some kirby game which I could care less about. Plus they said you can play playstation games on it pretty much perfectly, I juts have to choose between the 2000 or wait for the 3000...not sure if its worth the wait just to find out it cant be cracked...

So is this true or are they just swaying me to get a psp?

I recently modded a psp to 3.80 m-33-5 firmware using the pandora battery method, and it is a HUUUGE pain, mainly because information seems to be either outdated or unavailable.
If you do buy one, i would definitely go for the 3000, as the screen is better and there is a mic.
However i heard something about them disabling the downgrading methods with the new slims, so i might look into that first if i were you.

waffles said:
I recently modded a psp to 3.80 m-33-5 firmware using the pandora battery method, and it is a HUUUGE pain, mainly because information seems to be either outdated or unavailable.
If you do buy one, i would definitely go for the 3000, as the screen is better and there is a mic.
However i heard something about them disabling the downgrading methods with the new slims, so i might look into that first if i were you.
What do you mean by a pain and outdated?

Back