Diablo On Caanoo

Lokeal

Still Fresh
Please, help me tweek this game so it can be played with decent sound

(.bin+cue)

Caanoo

Sound only is heard when walking around but then it's crappy choppy and makes no sense T_T

I owned this game along with playstation before my house burnt down in 2006

Just so this topic has an answer, I can confirm that Diablo works great with pcsx rearmed. I found that changing sound from Stereo to Mono in in-game option improved performance (and there is no difference on Caanoo dynamics anyway). The game seems to require original (non-free) BIOS, without the BIOS the "start" button is not recognized by the game.

Tested the mono channel. Now it works almost fullspeed on the fast mode. Almost like the original game. Great game :).

ruffnutts said:
maybe this helps alot of games that have mono and stereo options?

not sure.

Btw. I the smaller dungeons (the water place) its almost full speed. In the normal dungeon (level 1-2) it 70-80% speed and playable. In the city its around 60% speed, with mono sound there is almost no voice stuttering. And since the city is not dangerous its playable :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, maybe. I never thought of this, but it would reduce the amount of audio channels to process, so it could give a speed increase. I'll have to try it out.

ruffnutts said:
maybe this helps alot of games that have mono and stereo options?

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who can't get music working properly? Music begins to play and then seconds later stops and doesnt resume. Using rearmed latest version

Back