GP32 Devkitarm Release 13

Wonderful job, as usual ;)
Lemme just advertise to all C/C++ coders around that it's the best toolchain available for now :D

yeah, I think I might migrate over to it one of these days.. my own toolchain is years behind now :)

devkitpro works with the GP SDK?

jeff

Mame32 was running fine when compiled with r11 and r12.
but, for example, "Ghost'n goblins" rom is not recognized by capcom emu (rom check in the rom itself) when compiling with r13 or gcc 4.

any idea ?

Thor

Mame32 was running fine when compiled with r11 and r12.
but, for example, "Ghost'n goblins" rom is not recognized by capcom emu (rom check in the rom itself) when compiling with r13 or gcc 4.

any idea ?

Thor

I'm using r13 without problems... Please check it again :p

But there are problems with GCC 4.0, i don't know what happens... Maybe the problem is because it is GCC 4.0 RC1 ¿¿¿???

Last edited by a moderator:
Eep, is this gcc4 now? I'm not touching gcc4 until a few more rounds .. its a little unstable now, and the optimizer sometimes makes slower code. The latter gcc3's still woop gcc4, though of course gcc4 will whip it in a bit..

Or have folks found gcc4 to be producing faster code of late? (though gcc4 still has some code generation bugs apparently, emitting broken code..)

jeff

Eep, is this gcc4 now? I'm not touching gcc4 until a few more rounds .. its a little unstable now, and the optimizer sometimes makes slower code. The latter gcc3's still woop gcc4, though of course gcc4 will whip it in a bit..

Or have folks found gcc4 to be producing faster code of late? (though gcc4 still has some code generation bugs apparently, emitting broken code..)

jeff

Its GCC 3.4.4...

Thanks WinterMute!

I have a couple questions though...

with wolf3d I've lost the ability to use the setting

Another thing is that compiling with devkitarm gives me a weird gfx bug that seems to make everything too wide for the screen and walls come disjointed occasionally (I can send anybody a .fxe to see if they want and the source is in the cvs on sourceforge) and can cause you to be unable to get to the doors to open them unless you strafe towards the doors. not sure if this is an error somewhere in the code or if it's a problem with xlatgp32 or what but I can switch back to devkitadv and compile a binary without this problem without any changes to the source.

I am going to mention that it does make smaller code and that these problems may all be related to the fact that I'm an idiot when it comes to coding...

Edit: sound code problems were SDK related and fixed ;) now just to get rid of that gfx bug...

Back