GP32 Devkitarm Release 15

I'm able to compile MAME GP32 with DevKitARM r15 or previous DevKitARM release 4.0.1, but it does not run ok... I don't know what happens because there is no new warnings or errors...

I have to use DevKitARM r14 yet (GCC 3.4.4) :(

I compiled Pituka with r15 but it's A LOT slower than r14.

pea posted on Aug 13 2005 at 12:08 AM said:
Can I just overwrite my old devkitARM files wih the new ones, or do I need to do some hacks for GP32?

yes, you can just overwrite. devkitARM is designed to be used for gba, ds and gp32 out of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
pea posted on Aug 14 2005 at 09:14 PM said:
Thanks WinterMute. But I think I will wait based on A600's comment!!

Try it anyway. A600's comment means his particular app is slower with R15 and may actually be due to some switch he's used. Perhaps he might like to provide some evidence and a break down of the code which is slower.

r15 OSX installer package is now also available at www.deadcoderssociety.org

i reinstalled windows on my machine and so i had to reinstall the devkit and msys stuff.
i was using devkitpro r12 and now i tried r14.
but i couldn't compile my existing project with it, then i tried r15 and it couldn't compile because of the same reason:

my sprite-images are converted from the name.bmp file in my folder "sprites" to a name.o file in my folder "build" and into the file name_bin.h

so the errors are "can't file name.h, because the releases 14 and 15 add this "_bin" to the .h file

so i had to switch back to r12 and it compiles without errors.
is there a way to change that error? and where does it come from?

WinterMute posted on Aug 15 2005 at 11:16 AM said:
Try it anyway. A600's comment means his particular app is slower with R15 and may actually be due to some switch he's used. Perhaps he might like to provide some evidence and a break down of the code which is slower.

I only know that Pituka, the Amstrad CPC emu, is slower with r15. The makefile is the same so the switches I use haven't changed.

0-bake posted on Aug 15 2005 at 08:10 PM said:
i reinstalled windows on my machine and so i had to reinstall the devkit and msys stuff.
i was using devkitpro r12 and now i tried r14.
but i couldn't compile my existing project with it, then i tried r15 and it couldn't compile because of the same reason:

my sprite-images are converted from the name.bmp file in my folder "sprites" to a name.o file in my folder "build" and into the file name_bin.h

so the errors are "can't file name.h, because the releases 14 and 15 add this "_bin" to the .h file

so i had to switch back to r12 and it compiles without errors.
is there a way to change that error? and where does it come from?

uh, #include <name>_<extension>.h ?

i.e. #include "name_bin.h", or <name_bin.h> which searches specified include folders first.

but my question is: where does the new "_bin"-string in the filename come from? is there any reason behind it, or just something like "accidentially"?

Back