Dev board in 2020?

Avalonhaze

Still Fresh
Seems kinda hard to lay your hands on a dev board in 2020. I'm not sure how deep into this rabbit hole I'd like to go yet, so I did wonder whether a BEAGLEBOARD BBONE-AI would be good as a rough estimate of the pyra's capability? I am aware it's only a single A15 though.

From the Dev Board thread, you can still pick up official dev boards from svtronics and digikey but they are definitely a more pricey option compared to the Beagleboard.
If you are just wanting to get into practice of cross compiling for arm or working on a different device then someone suggested that a v2 or v3 Pi would be just as good from a software development point of view. It'll be less of a hardware match but you might be able to find other uses for the Pi if you choose not to get too deep.

Yeah I considered a pi 3 with armhf debian as well. I think that might be the more sensible option to dip my toe in. It looks as though the pi 4 is faster than the pyra actually.

The term dev board doesnt apply to random vaguely similar looking arm boards.

If you want to target the Pyra's SoC more closely I'd guess finding something with a similar PVR GPU would be more important than getting a similarly matching ARM CPU. And I'm not sure if any manufacturers other than TI actually make use of PVR GPUs.

Back