Deus Ex

SoleGrave said:
r00tw00t said:
What makes you think the macintosh version of deus ex can be ported?

Prometheus said:
I hope you don't mind me asking, but I'm curious... Why so?

I admit it was a fleeting statement made of ignorance. For whatever reason I thought Linux wasnt to far removed from old Mac OS. But there are more mitigating factors than I understand. I feel pretty damn stupid about now. <_<

Actually you have it backwards. The newer version of the Mac OS are far closer to Linux than previous versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kloplop321 said:
LOVE that game. It has the possibility as it is Unreal Engine, there is a free unreal engine out there and possibly just some config updates in the resource files... and it would work.

btw, which game do you mean? If you mean HL1, then no, it is far different code wise from Unreal. Far, Far, Far different.

BackAssward said:
Kloplop321 said:
LOVE that game. It has the possibility as it is Unreal Engine, there is a free unreal engine out there and possibly just some config updates in the resource files... and it would work.

btw, which game do you mean? If you mean HL1, then no, it is far different code wise from Unreal. Far, Far, Far different.

I am also interested in this.

Kloplop321 said:
If you're talking about this one, it only applies to the Unreal 1 engine, the project was discontinued in 2001, and source no longer seems to be available (it was provided by Loki Games, which disappeared quite a while ago). It specifically targeted the original Unreal Tournament, as well, so it's unclear whether even other Unreal 1 games would work at all, assuming you could find the source and port it.

since we are on the topic of the unreal engine:

http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/Unreal_Tournament_Source_Code;50393

Is this the actual source code to that engine? Could this be used in order to play the original unrealtournament and its associated mods?
I don't know anything about compiling stuff or coding, so don't flame me :p

LUMINOUS said:
since we are on the topic of the unreal engine:

http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/Unreal_Tournament_Source_Code;50393

Is this the actual source code to that engine? Could this be used in order to play the original unreal and its associated mods?
I don't know anything about compiling stuff or coding, so don't flame me :p
I think that's just the source code to the Unreal Tournament game, not the engine itself, which would also be needed.

Back