GP2X Determing F200, Mk2 And Mk1

Ask the user how much they complain about their GP2X. If they say a lot then it's a F200, a little bit = MK2, and a fair bit = MK1 ;)

Other than that I don't think anyone found a reasonable way to tell the difference between a MK1 and MK2 in code. I'd imagine the F200 should be easier to detect because of different hardware like the touchscreen.

KungPhoo said:
Is there any reliable way to check what hardware my program runs on?
Iorgy77 said:
mkI has english writing on the sticker on the back, mkII ha Korean writing on the same sticker. f200 is white.
and how do you do that in code exactly? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't say in code.

The most reliable way is to run it on the hardware :)

In code you shouldn't really need to tell a MK1 and MK2 apart and the F-200 can be detected by the presence of the touch pad device

Squidge said:
Iorgy77 said:
mkI has english writing on the sticker on the back, mkII ha Korean writing on the same sticker. f200 is white.
and how do you do that in code exactly? :rolleyes:

I guess you must do it in unicode... :p

Parkydr said:
Didn't say in code.
It seemed that it was inferred.

I suppose you could detect MK1/MK2 by asking the user to do some diagonals and see what comes back :D

All I know is, that Alexkidd2x V0.6 has a working build in detection for the F-200. So Puck2099 is perhaps the guy who knows more.

BTW: Is it really necessary to make jokes or complain about the alleged flaws of the GP2x in every thread, even in the Developers Corner? This gets really kind of annoying...

Regards,
Stephan

Back